Honored Contributor

Re: Can we get a great brow marker for women with gray hair?

#1 I will NEVER go gray. Never! And #2 to wear a gray eyebrow marker? I can't imagine that would be attractive to any aging woman!! Thank goodness I inherited my mothers jet black brows! Love how they frame my eyes. Wanna do gray?? Go for it.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've used several eyebrow powders and pencils.  Currently I'm using Brow Drama by Maybelline and really like it.  I'm using the blonde shade.  It covers and blends, but isn't too dark.  

I also use this one.  I like it and it runs around $10 - can't beat that.  I have white hair in the front half of my head - salt and pepper in the back.  I wear bangs so my eyebrows are somewhat hidden.

This would worth trying IMO.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

#1 I will NEVER go gray. Never! And #2 to wear a gray eyebrow marker? I can't imagine that would be attractive to any aging woman!! Thank goodness I inherited my mothers jet black brows! Love how they frame my eyes. Wanna do gray?? Go for it.

ID2:  Tell us how you REALLY feel.....just kidding....couldn't resist!  Smiley Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I've had good luck with YBF brow pencil on HSN and Mally's brow pencil. I have very dark(black eyebrows) but some grey is in them now.  They are also thinning in spots.  Both of these work great. I use Bobbi Brown's brow setting gel on top. Works for me.

Honored Contributor

My hair is silver and my eyebrows are a medium auburn/brown.  I use Cover Girl and/or Maybelline brow pencils in gray that work well and give my brows a natural look.  I have short hair and have my hair cut every four weeks to maintain its style and shape.  At the same time my eyebrows are waxed to keep them in great shape and remove the occasional gray hairs. 

Why silver?  Seventeen years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had radiation therapy as my treatment plan.  Following treatment I continued to color my hair (dark auburn naturally); however, the color would not stay more than a week or two.  It washed out almost immediately so I decided to stop coloring.  At this point I would never use color again and I receive routine compliments on my silver hair. 

So, never say never.  You may end up changing your mind some day.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Regular Contributor

My original color was black...but I too went gray early...had my first gray hair @ 15, was salt & pepper all thru my 20's....got talked into coloring my hair late 20's and all thru my 30's. Decided to go gray when I turned 40. I'm now 55 and I have silver/white hair but my brows & lashes are still dark but beginning to thin... Looking for a soft grayish eyebrow pencil + liner....the taupey colors look brownish red on my skin...not pretty at all!! Will try LG marbled pencil.

Trusted Contributor

I'm still a fan of the YBF pencil, largely because of the color. The one thing I don't care for is that it is self-sharpening so I'm never able to get a fine enough point to really get the fine lines on and between the brows.

My sister uses and I keep meaning to try the L'oreal Brow Stylist brow mascara. She really likes and says it is quite easy to use.  She has kind of ash brown hair and bought the "medium" the first time.  She said it was far too dark and went back and got the lightest shade they have

Esteemed Contributor

IT Cosmetics Build-A-Brow Waterproof 5-in-1 Gel (Auto-Delivery) A265323. There is a choice of Gray. The Best I've ever found. My brows issues are solved!  I am even on auto-delivery for this, in Blonde. I've read the reviews for gray, and they are very good. It is very easy to use, maybe with a little practice for some people, but was easy for me to learn, just go lightly initially. It does not come off by itself, even if you go swimming, but easy to take off with any make-up remover. Love it!

a265323.jpg

Regular Contributor

laura geller has a soft charcoal in her brow sculpting marker that is very nice.

Honored Contributor

I was using a taupe color that .... you guessed it .... was discontinued!     Now, I'm frantically searching for a replacement before the last one I have is all used up.    

Darn, it's always something, isn't it?