Frequent Contributor

Can we get a great brow marker for women with gray hair?

A couple of years ago, I decided to stop coloring my hair to take a look my gray hair. My original hair color was dark dark brown. My lashes and brows were black. I lucked out and have a great head of salt and pepper gray hair with it growing grayer yearly. My problem is finding a eye brown pencil/marker that is not too black nor too brown. Unfortunately I have purchased both Laura Geller and Mally's taupe eyebrow markers and they are awful for my coloring. Black markers are much too dark and harsh for a mature face. The other choices offered have too much brown/red in them...

I currently used YSL Dessin Des Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil in ASH and it is fabulous, but I would love a marker in that same color that cannot be rubbed off. Am I the only gray-haired lady having this problem?

Help, please... Laura Geller, Mally, Bare Essentials, Clarins, Perscriptives and whoever else makes a full range of makeup... we need gray(ash) eyebrowmarker/that works.

Re: Can we get a great brow marker for women with gray hair?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, you're not the only lady looking for the right color.  Smiley Happy  Most brow products are too warm/golden/red for me - even those that claim to be taupe.  Finding a good brow color shouldn't be so difficult; however, it has been for me.

Trusted Contributor

Bobbi Brown's new eye pencil...overpriced BUT true to color not RED!!!

A huge ht in my book Smiley Wink 

I have grey for my warm brown dyed hair and also use Blonde which is a grey (ashy) taupe NO RED! it's just perfect.

Also I have few gray brows and a few lashes now gray which I loath..truly.

I use a tinted brow gel (like mascara tube) on them....it covers great. I use Tarte's Taupe which is nice and also Gimme Brow by Benefit, same deal...tiny brush head and color on wand. TG they invneted these!

I apply it over my ash colored pencels above and it looks just right...happy camper here.

Markers look fake to me unless filled in as many do with a powder or other product.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out IT Cosmetics.  She offers a couple of browns.  Hopefully, you have an ULTA nearby to test it out. The best way is to go to the store, if possible, and try different brands out. Macy's has many different brands to test. Good luck.  Also check out Doll 10 Cosmetics.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I'm thinking that all of us gray-haired chicks will be different as to what works for us, as we all have different skin coloring along w/different shades of salt/pepper/silver. I have had very good luck w/Laura Geller's brow marker in taupe. Just recently purchases the Model's Prefer brow pencil from HSN. I don't know if you've ever seen her presentatio, but you apply the appropriate amount of pressure for your coloring needs. I was hesitant, but I've like it so far. Unsure if I will reorder (I rely on my Laura Geller marker for now). BTW, I also have enjoyed using the inexpensive Maybelline pencil (red) that come in a duo. Just keep looking & you'll find something that works for you. Good luck with that.

Respected Contributor

I have almost black brows what little I have left and ordered the LG in her marbled grey which I thought would be an off black, wrong, was a soft grey on me.

Did you try the LG in the marbled grey brow pencil?

Honored Contributor

My hair is totally white but my brows are still dark reddish brown. I hate it. It looks like I have dyed them. The few white hairs I do have in my brows are ones that get plucked to keep my brows neat looking.

Valued Contributor

I wear Dipbrow in the blonde shade and recently swatched the NYX brow gel in the tube also in blonde. That stuff would not rub off. It read too ashy for me and having it still be there when I got home, I put a swatch next to it of the blonde Dipbrow. It was a much warmer shade. I think the NYX brow gel in the blonde shade would work for many gray haired ladies or those with a lot of ash in their haircolor.

Honored Contributor

I've used several eyebrow powders and pencils.  Currently I'm using Brow Drama by Maybelline and really like it.  I'm using the blonde shade.  It covers and blends, but isn't too dark.