Super Contributor

Re: Can't wait to find out when Holly Mordini's new makeup line...

I looked at her FB page and did not see any swatches for her new makeup line. Where did you see them?

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2014 Sooner said:
On 1/21/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/21/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 1/21/2014 ForTheLuv said:

Interesting how so many would buy just because of the PERSON. You know nothing about her, other than you think she is pretty and had good application tips? Really? That does not mean she knows anything about makeup formulation at all. You have never even seen the makeup or anything and yet say you would buy anything from HER. Why do so many of you decide to buy things based on the LOOKS of PEOPLE? So ridiculous.

Sigh. FTL never disappoints.

What's weirdly ironic is that she attacks a poster for always being "suspicious" and then posts the above quoted comment that essentially AGREES with said suspicious poster. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

So basically, she just wants to pick a fight. Always.

Won't pick a fight with me 'cause I'm always RIGHT and always up front about what I think! Wink

Have you even watched her when she was with Smashbox? She is extremely talented in makeup artistry, very knowledegable about the products and applications. So to answer your question we aren't buying anything from her because of her name. We would be buying from her because her expertise is in cosmetics. When at Smashbox she had a lot of input into the creation of new products. This woman knows her stuff, creating products, application of products. Quit trying to start something. Just a tip: If you don't like the subject of a post you can actually skip it and not read it which I suggest YOU do!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2014 Lanikins said:

Yes, I would buy a makeup line from Holly based solely on her complete enthusiasm with makeup and makeup application. She worked for the studio that does tons of makeup for photo shoots, and I believe that she lives and breathes makeup. No, I don't know her, but I truly believe that she wouldn't just slap her name on something without really believing that the product is of high quality.

Truth be told Davis and Dean Factor (founders of Smashbox Studios and Smashbox Cosmetics) are photographers. After taking over as Director of Global Artistry (following the death of Bill Parks) Holly not only was the head makeup artist, but the point person in the company working with the labs on products, formulations, and colors of Smashbox Cosmetics. So, skeptics she has plenty of experience putting together a makeup line.

I'm looking forward to it!

Super Contributor

If she is on QVC, I am suspicious that it is a "made for QVC" deal where they manufacture the makeup and she sticks her name on it

She wouldn't do that. If she creates it it's her line, not "made for QVC". I bet she'll have a website where we can purchase her items. I doubt she'll even go the QVC route.

Super Contributor

To my knowledge the cosmetic line in called BASE. And will be launched this year. This was posted by her
Occasional Contributor

On 1/21/2014 ForTheLuv said:

Interesting how so many would buy just because of the PERSON. You know nothing about her, other than you think she is pretty and had good application tips? Really? That does not mean she knows anything about makeup formulation at all. You have never even seen the makeup or anything and yet say you would buy anything from HER. Why do so many of you decide to buy things based on the LOOKS of PEOPLE? So ridiculous.

Really? Wow! I will say a prayer for you tonight, I hope things get better for you. Warm wishes your way.....

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2014 LuvsLabs said:

If she is on QVC, I am suspicious that it is a "made for QVC" deal where they manufacture the makeup and she sticks her name on it

<em>She wouldn't do that. If she creates it it's her line, not "made for QVC". I bet she'll have a website where we can purchase her items. I doubt she'll even go the QVC route.<br /></em>

So, you know her personally and are in on the details of this startup?

Super Contributor

FortheLuv.......three words.....hormone replacement therapy
Honored Contributor

Not worth a second of my time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

On 1/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Not worth a second of my time.

Couldn't agree with you more