Honored Contributor

Re: Can' t use retinol. Now what?

On 3/13/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 3/13/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Okay, I'll try to answer those who asked me some questions about the NCN Multi-Active Matrixyl 25% serum.

The consistency is different than their Vitamin C serum, which is like water. The Matrixyl is slightly thicker, just enough that it is easier to blend. And you don't have to be quite as quick. It's not goopy-type thick at all, though. The consistency is nice, and it makes it easier to use just a pump or two for the face (including all around the eyes and on the eyelids), as well as the neck and chest.

What I think might be unique about this Matrixyl serum is that it contains all three versions of Matrixyl plust another peptide. If you're not familiar with it, check out the description on NCN.

I've been using it twice a day for a little over a month. It really probably takes a good eight weeks to see results with that usage, considering we're talking about collagen production, as well as other benefits. But I do like the way my skin is looking, so that's why I ordered the larger size. Compared to the price of the comparable Isomer product, it's a very good value.

I use NCN's Vitamin C serum in the morning. NCN told me to use the Vit C serum after cleansing and toning and to let it absorb completely. Then they said to apply the Matrixyl serum. I wait at least 10 minutes before applying anything else.

At night, though, NCN told me to apply the Matrixyl and let it absorb BEFORE applying my retinol product.

Let me know whether I missed anything here.

Brava, suzyQ3! GOOD JOB! You answered questions I didn't even know I had! When I finally get around to ordering from NCN, those are the products I'm planning on getting.

My only question (in my mind) is which Retinol to try -- she has that one with the "non prescription tretinoin, and Im wondering if that really makes a difference. I'm assuming you're using the "regular", and obviously liking it.

MarenSeattle, thanks. I tried. Smile

I don't use NCN's retinol serum. I just use NCN's Vit C and the Matrixyl Multi-Actives 25%.

My retinol choice is Paula's Choice Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair serum.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I could not use a lot of retinol products because they really dried out my skin no matter how slow I started using them or using them a few times per week. I tried PTR & did not notice any difference. Now I'm using Isomers Retinaicin & I can see a difference. If my skin starts to get dry I will cut back on using it. So far it's the only thing I have found I can use almost daily.

Frequent Contributor

Ladies you are the best! I appreciate all of your suggestions. I am anxious to try several products that were mentioned. I learn so much from the women on this board. I will report back once I have started on a product. Many thanks to all of you.