Super Contributor

Can't use old seasonals - opinions about new seasonals with honey and tea

The seasonals I've tried in the past made my scalp it*ch, so I haven't bought any since FGP. POM does a little, 613 not at all, so I thought it was the combination of the soy and the spices and fragrances. I'm really interested in the Tus@an Pear because of all the great ingredients and no spices.

Any opinions about whether the honey and tea complexes might change that? I realize everyone is different, but since everyone has been saying how different SHP has been because of the honey, I really would appreciate if anyone has an idea.

Thanks.

Edited because Tus@an Pear still isn't allowed ??? Webbie - it's for sale!!

Super Contributor

Re: Can't use old seasonals - opinions about new seasonals with honey and tea

Have you tried BGT yet? I ask because for me the BGT, SHP and FIG are very soothing to my scalp. I can't use FIG all the time though.

I think it's worth a try for sure because it is very different from the other seasonals. I also think that SOB was the start a better seasonals.

Trusted Contributor

Great question! I'm interested to see the answers, as well.

I'm "kinda" in the same boat, I was allergic to FGP, it made my scalp and hairline break out in red, itchy bumps. I was able to finish off a 16 oz bottle by using in on the length of my hair (making sure that it was rinsed completely off my neck/back.

I haven't had any problem with POM or 613. I very rarely use POM, don't care for the scent or performance; I rarely use 613 (and never on my scalp). So, I blamed my reaction to FGP on the spices, not the soy.

I only ordered FAS so I could do the AD plan. I was initially going to return it without even opening it, but I decided to give it a whirl. Surprisingly, I had NO negative reaction to it. The scent is strong, but I really loved the performance. (Performance always trumps scent for me). I'm excited about ordering more this fall.

If I were you, I'd give it a try.......if it doesn't work, you can always send it back.

Valued Contributor

Sorry okie. I never had a bad reaction to the seasonals, so I could not say. My hair however doe not really like the seasonals except for the FAS and the SHP, long term the FAS was better for my hair than the SHP. I started to get frizzy hair again with the SHP, but never did with the FAS. Now I using the SHP as my moisturizer and as a body cleanser, instead of soap. I love it.
Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

okiebug, FGP made my scalp red and irritated and I couldn't use it. I too believe it was a combination of spice extracts and citrus extract that irritated my scalp. I REALLY think you should try the Summer honey peach. It is sooo much better than any seasonal I've tried, even SMC (in terms of performance). I really do NOT think you'd have an itchy scalp with SHP.

I am going to try the Pear one since it has honey as the third ingredient. I probably would not have had it not been that high up since it still contains a few ingredients I don't like (citrus oils), as they tend to dry my hair out (and irritate my skin when I use products with it on my face).

Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 HappyDaze said:

okiebug, FGP made my scalp red and irritated and I couldn't use it. I too believe it was a combination of spice extracts and citrus extract that irritated my scalp. I REALLY think you should try the Summer honey peach. It is sooo much better than any seasonal I've tried, even SMC (in terms of performance). I really do NOT think you'd have an itchy scalp with SHP.

I am going to try the Pear one since it has honey as the third ingredient. I probably would not have had it not been that high up since it still contains a few ingredients I don't like (citrus oils), as they tend to dry my hair out (and irritate my skin when I use products with it on my face).

Agree with you and I won't order the pumpkin since I don't like spice body products and I probably wouldn't like it either. I really disliked the fall apple spice.

Anyone who hasn't tried the summer honey peach definitely should order it since it is only going to be available for a few more days. It is a great product and many of us really like it.

Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone! Like DoxieMomma, performance always trumps scent for me, so I was really never that interested in the seasonals but it's all the comments about the performance of SHP that has finally made me think about trying a seasonal again. You've talked me into trying, either SHP or T Pear (FTP?)

KMSAB, interesting that you said BGT soothed your scalp. Chaz's Recommender listed BGT as good for minor-medium scalp issues. Funny, the three cc's recommended for me were either BGT or Fig depending on where I put the slider on scalp issues, and always SAM and SHP. Guess I should listen {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 okiebug said:

Thanks to everyone! Like DoxieMomma, performance always trumps scent for me, so I was really never that interested in the seasonals but it's all the comments about the performance of SHP that has finally made me think about trying a seasonal again. You've talked me into trying, either SHP or T Pear (FTP?)

KMSAB, interesting that you said BGT soothed your scalp. Chaz's Recommender listed BGT as good for minor-medium scalp issues. Funny, the three cc's recommended for me were either BGT or Fig depending on where I put the slider on scalp issues, and always SAM and SHP. Guess I should listen {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

You should order the SHP this week. You can always wait to order the new fall seasonal since it should be available for a while. You won't be able to order the SHP next week. I will wait to order the new fall seasonal until I read some of the reviews. If many Wenners like it I will probably order it.

Honored Contributor

Performance trumps scent for me too and I can tolerate almost any scent as long as it works amazingly well. Smiley Happy

Okiebug, let us know what you try and if you like it! I know the FTP doesn't have the 4 honey complex SHP has but it does have the honey component as the third ingredient so I bet it will be really nice (hoping?!).

Super Contributor

Definitely get the SHP this week! You'll love the scent for sure!!