Respected Contributor

Re: Can't Change my mind & cancel

Yep...   this is a new tactic that QVC learned from HSN, probably the past 6 months.  At least HSN lets you cancel until Midnight.   HSN also has a lot of FREE SHIPPING.....  I wish QVC would learn that too!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@fthuntwrote:

Well ....received Ms. Paulette's nice polite email.  No dice cuz body butter is being shipped directly from Josie's warehouse  (that's where Wally is working overtime)   Poor Wally.  Ms. P did say I could return/refuse the original order at no cost to me.   And....guess she didn't like my ether reference - no 'law' or policy that says...........blah blah.....doesn't apply to them.  That's it folks - thanks for your postings. 

@fthuntor anyone,

How does one refuse an order?

If you do return an order, how do you make sure you are not charged return shipping?

Respected Contributor

@makenawrote:

Impulse buying can backfire.  I always consider the purchase before buying and not after.

@makena  She didn't make an impulse purchase.  As she stated, a better deal was offered later that evening.  You certainly can't fault her for wanting the better deal.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you - - I used up the one tub I tried and liked - have been intending to buy another - did so = one tub for $39 range.  Josie came on offering  TWO tubs for the same price = $39 range. 

ONE FREE - WOW - GREAT DEAL

So wanted to cancel the first order.  Guess I'll now have THREE!

Esteemed Contributor

Josie's website doesn't charge shipping over $25.00.   FYI

Honored Contributor

@achyrellewrote:

This happens a lot. The real rub is that that “in progress” can last over a week. You can place an order, 24 hours later you cant cancel because it is in progress, then a solid week later it still has not shipped. 

Going through the same thing right now with the clarks tsv from the other day.

@achyrelle  This may be Q’s attempt at cutting back on canceling orders & making sure “you ordered it, it’s on its way...no turning back”. When I’ve been in that spot, I called CS, told them it was going back in the mailbox unopened w/ return to sender. Informed them I’d ck. my acct. to make sure no chg. for shipping. There’s no excuse for an order to sit in limbo (in process, but not shipped & they can’t cancel order). Every other order takes 10 days to get to me. Where is it for those 10 days that it can’t be canceled?

Respected Contributor

People are ALWAYS complaining about this issue.  The Q is very user unfriendly regarding canceling orders.  Considering it takes at least 10 days to get things from when I order, there's no way they can't cancel in the first 24 hours.  Just another reason not to shop here.

Honored Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRLwrote:

I think more online stores are like this or going this route.  Levi's is the same way.I believe what they may be trying to prevent is the impulse buy that takes an item out of inventory and does not allow another to buy it. You used to see this a lot with the TSV, when a color sold out and the next day it was available again.  I bet the color coming back had to do with a lot of cancelled orders.

The new policy just makes me consider my purchase a bit more before clicking buy.  I don't think this will impact sales as those of us that were cancelling didn't make them any money and prevented those that wanted the item from getting it. 

I am more cautious with my buying...It may be a win for me.

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL  I disagree. Eventually, it will affect the bottom line. More people will be hesitant to purchase, stuck w/o ability to cancel and then pay to return order they decided they no longer wanted. 

Honored Contributor

@fthuntwrote:

At 6 PM ordered a Josie M body butter.........better deal offered on TV at 8 PM.  TWO hours later cancel request for the first order rejected......"In Progress".    What happened to ether law - time to reconsider purchase?  Do you really think "Wally" in the shipping department is that quick at eight PM?

@fthunt- I'm not sure what you're referring to by "ether law", but I suspect you mean the law that gives you 3 days to cancel a contract which you've signed.

It was made law because, in the past, people signed contracts (e.g. insurance, timeshares, etc.) under what they felt was pressure to sign.  This gave you time to reconsider and you have to cancel in writing within 3 days.

That doesn't apply to retail purchases (online or in store).  Just think, if it did - they would have to wait three days before releasing the item, to make sure you weren't going to cancel.  You aren't signing a long-term contract, when you order from QVC or any other retailer.  You're merely purchasing an item and are able to return it, if you change your mind.

I've found recently that, when I had an issue with an order taking too long, customer service told me they would note my account to not deduct the shipping (return or original), if I returned the item.  The same, once when I tried to cancel an item as you did and I couldn't; neither could the customer rep.  I find QVC's CS to be very reasonable.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1wrote:

Yep...   this is a new tactic that QVC learned from HSN, probably the past 6 months.  At least HSN lets you cancel until Midnight.   HSN also has a lot of FREE SHIPPING.....  I wish QVC would learn that too!!!!

@nyc1- LOL.  Well, since QVC now owns HSN, I think the shoe might be on the other foot!  Woman LOL