Super Contributor

Can someone explain Ebates to me?

Thanks!

Re: Can someone explain Ebates to me?

whenever you order something online, Ebates is a site to "go through" in order to go to the website you are going to order from. I've been doing for years. It pays if you order a lot online. You get quarterly checks back according to the percents they give. QVC is on, and it's usually 2% of your total order.
Super Contributor

Thanks!

So, if someone, like my girlfriend, who orders a ton of makeup and skincare from Sephora, could go through Ebates' website, to purchase from Sephora and earn 2% cash back check each month?

I wonder if she'd still get her Sephora points?  Would it be like she's ordering from Ebates or from Sephora?

Honored Contributor

They are two separate arrangements, one has nothing to with the other. She would get both. The important thing to remember is to always access the Ebates site first and then select to shop Sephora. She cannot go directly to the Sephora site, shop, and then remember Ebates after the fact.
Trusted Contributor

@GreenEyedGirl wrote:

Thanks!

And if you sign up & refer friends then you get bonus money. Right now you get $50 if you refer 2 friends. I ordered a magazine subscription & got like 65% back through ebates. The offers vary from vendor to vendor & change but even 2% can add up over the course of a year. Sign up- you've got nothing to lose. Just remember to use the ebates app when you're shopping online.

Respected Contributor

I find mrrebates offers higher percentages across the board. I go through that site most often.
Respected Contributor

@GreenEyedGirl

Thanks for posting your question: I too didn't know what / how, etc.  I could kick myself for the missed $ opportunities !!!!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I guess Ebates would be better to use then Mr. Rebates if you are using it for shopping at Sephora. Ebates offers 4% & Mr. Rebates offers 3% for Sephora purchases. Right now they are offering 8% for Mother's Day Sale.

Trusted Contributor

FYI, if you use Chrome as your browser there's a plug in you can download that automatically shows you if a site works with ebates when you go the site.  For example, if I go to Sephora.com now it shows that there's 8% cash back and all I have to do is click the activate link before I order anything.  That's much easier than remembering to go through the ebates site.

It's defiintely worth it if you do a lot of online shopping.  I just wish it worked with Amazon where I order from weekly Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GreenEyedGirl wrote:

Thanks!

@GreenEyedGirl

It has nothing to do with Beauty.