Valued Contributor

Can anyone share their experience of a Jessner Peel facial?

I would really like to hear about your experience with the Jessner Peel, or a recomended alternative.  Lazer was mentioned to me also by my hmo derm.  She doesn't do either there. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Can anyone share their experience of a Jessner Peel facial?

Hey CaChica, this is what I posted 2 years ago when I had a Jessner's:

HI Everyone. I said how  I was going to have my first chemical peel--a Jessner's Peel a few weeks ago. I had it performed yesterday and the aesthetician told me that because of my skin color (Fitzpatrick 4) and skin type (oily), I probably would not peel. I would still have a good result but the most I would get is some flaking. I was pretty relieved to hear this because I do have an interview at 4 today and didn't want to come in with a red face!   The peel itself did not really burn that much; I could have done without the fan that was provided. My skin is smooth and looks great but I will have to report back in a week to let you know if there was any flaking. So, what I was able to take away from this is the oilier and darker complected you are, the less you well peel with a Jessner's. To really get deep peeling you would need a TCA peel.

I did experience mild flaking a few days later. I'm a skincare junkie who exfoliates quite often so that may have something to do with my result. HTH!

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Valued Contributor

Thank you for posting.  I don't know anyone who has had a peel so can't decide what one would be the best for me.  I guess I would be considered a fair complexion. Years ago a doc told me I could have a peel that would help inprove some acne scars on my cheeks.  He didn't mention the name of the peel.  Guess I will need to do some more research. 

Respected Contributor

Try a look at makeup artists choice. They have a variety of chemical peels. Good for all skin types and all ethnic groups. Then you will see so many choices!