Valued Contributor

Can anyone recommend a non sulfite shampoo that is not Wen, please.

I just started using the hairmax not too long ago and it recommends using a sulfite free shampoo. I would like something I can buy at the store, I live in a small town so not too many salons here that carry a particular brand but can try that too. I was hoping drug store or department store, thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a non sulfite shampoo that is not Wen, please.

[ Edited ]

L'Oreal makes one called Everpure. Samy Fat Hair in the red bottle. 

Honored Contributor

Also, Andalou Naturals makes a good one sulfate rfee and anti aging, get a 3 piece kit from Pure Formulas.com shampoo, conditioner and leave in scalp treatment for about $20, shipping included.

Respected Contributor

@cactusjack wrote:

I just started using the hairmax not too long ago and it recommends using a sulfite free shampoo. I would like something I can buy at the store, I live in a small town so not too many salons here that carry a particular brand but can try that too. I was hoping drug store or department store, thanks so much!

There's a fairly recent thread on this topic, @cactusjack.  If you can't find that, Google "sulfate free shampoo list".  There is a list from which you can choose.  Any drugstore, Walmart, etc., should carry many of them for you. HTH's

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I've been using "Its A 10", for about 3 years and have been pleased with it.  I get it on Amazon.  I like their leave in conditioner too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Suave makes one called Everpure. Samy Fat Hair in the red bottle. 

EverPure is by L'Oreal, not Suave. It's available in most drugstores, which makes it easy. I'm not sure if Suave has a sulfate-free shampoo.

I've used a lot of sulfate-free shampoos before moving to conditioner-only cleansers and WEN and hated most of them. They left my hair feeling dry and stripped. The one I really did like was the 100% Pure brand Honey & Virgin Coconut shampoo. (I liked the conditioner, too.) I did not repurchase because it only came in a tube and the formula for the shampoo was so thin that it just dumped all over my shower as soon as I opened it. The conditioner, on the other hand, was so thick that I could barely get it out of the tube. The packaging made a great product worthless. But there's good news! They now sell it in a larger size (13 ounces) in a pump bottle. Based on the new bottle, I would recommend 100% Pure Honey & Virgin Coconut shampoo and conditioner in the pump bottle. I wouldn't recommend it in the 8-oz tube.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Suave makes one called Everpure. Samy Fat Hair in the red bottle. 

EverPure is by L'Oreal, not Suave. It's available in most drugstores, which makes it easy. I'm not sure if Suave has a sulfate-free shampoo.

I've used a lot of sulfate-free shampoos before moving to conditioner-only cleansers and WEN and hated most of them. They left my hair feeling dry and stripped. The one I really did like was the 100% Pure brand Honey & Virgin Coconut shampoo. (I liked the conditioner, too.) I did not repurchase because it only came in a tube and the formula for the shampoo was so thin that it just dumped all over my shower as soon as I opened it. The conditioner, on the other hand, was so thick that I could barely get it out of the tube. The packaging made a great product worthless. But there's good news! They now sell it in a larger size (13 ounces) in a pump bottle. Based on the new bottle, I would recommend 100% Pure Honey & Virgin Coconut shampoo and conditioner in the pump bottle. I wouldn't recommend it in the 8-oz tube.

Thanks, I corrected my previous post.

Honored Contributor

SheaMoisture makes several shampoos -- all sulfate-free. I rotate between theirs and and Curl Junkie.

I did NOT like L'Oreal's sulfate-free shampoo. I used the one for curly hair, I think, or maybe the moisturizing one. It left my hair feeling gunky.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Wow, everyone, thanks so very much for all your suggestions! I will check them all !

Respected Contributor

Hello, @cactusjack. Smiley Happy

Nick Chavez makes Advanced Plump 'N Thick shampoo and conditioner. It's sulfate-free and paraben-free. Actually, Nick has his 5-piece Advanced Plump 'N Thick kit on QVC. The item number for it is A260296.

Or you can just get the shampoo and conditioner sold separately at QVC or at Nick's site.

At QVC, the item number for just the shampoo is A329847.

For the matching conditioner, it's A329849.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder