Trusted Contributor

Can anyone recommend a high pigment eye shadow?

The brand I've used for years has changed so I'm on the hunt now for a high impact, high pigmented replacement.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a high pigment eye shadow?

I think the Becca brand has highly pigmented eye shadows.  I like Bobbi Brown too, but Becca surpasses Bobbi for color pay-off.  Lancome shadows are well pigmented too, but the majority of their shades have some type of sheen/shimmer.  The matte shades are limited, but lovely.  You may also want to consider drugstore brand NYX which has excellent pigment -- and a great shade range-- for inexpensive eyeshadow.  

Frequent Contributor

Agree on Lancome, good color payoff. My opinion Urban Decay and MAC are the best, also NARS is pretty good.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a lot of buzz about the visiart eyeshadow palletes. They are crazy expensive but are said that you don't have to build them and just a little goes a long way.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Lancome eyeshadow.  They have beautiful and new collections almost every season too!  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kiko Milano has lovely, highly pigmented, eyeshadows.  Made in Italy, and reasonably priced, if you live on the east coast you can purchase from their store, or order on line -- no sales tax and free shipping when you've spent $15.00, and ships very quickly.  I LOVE their products!

Honored Contributor

Bobbi Brown, Stila or Laura Mercier.  They all have excellent shadows. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Lancôme, Urban Decay & Buxom are all highly pigmented. 

Buxom has the advantage at either Sephora or Ulta of you bring able to customize a 6 shadow palette over the other two which don't have that option.

I chose matte shadows for 1 palette and for fun chose metallic ones for a 2nd palette. Sephora has more Buxom single shadow choices over Ulta. If you look at Sephora online, you can see all the color choices before you head to one. Their website shows all the color squares vs. Ulta where you have to scroll the shades.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Makeup Geek and Colourpop!! $5-6 bucks! Great companies!! Both brands sell compacts and individual eyeshadow pans. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmetoo Can I ask what brand you were using? There are some wonderful eye shadows out there. It's a great time to love makeup with all of the choices that you have. Mac (always my favorite, but the singles more so than the recent palettes), Urban Decay, Tarte, Buxom, Anastasia Beverly Hills-for powder shadows. Mac Prolongwear,  Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, Bobbi Brown-if you are open to a cream shadow stick. It's best if you can test in person, if you aren't familiar with the brands because finishes/pigmentation can effect the way that different colors blend & wear.