Honored Contributor

Can anyone make a specific recommendation for me for a sunscreen?

I know there have probably been a lot of posts about products for sunscreen, etc., but I would ask that you make some specific recommendations for me.

I admit and I know this is bad, but I have not been using one for quite a while because I have so many reactions to products and I also find it hard to find one that protects, is not heavy or greasy and does not interfere with my other moisturizer, metro cream and makeup.

I need something fragrance free, and that meets the above stated criteria.

I look in stores and I look on-line and I am clueless.  I have read that mineral is more gentle than chemical.  If so, I am not sure how to tell which ones are which???

Also --- if I do find one and apply it ---- do I apply is the last thing before my makeup??? 

Any suggestions?  

Thanks so much! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Can anyone make a specific recommendation for me for a sunscreen?

I use mineral sunscreens. in both liquid and powder form.

I like the brush on mineral powder from Colorscience. I always keep it in my bag for touch-ups. I clean the brush with an anti-bacterial wipe if I feel the need.

I also use Australian Gold Tinted Sunscreen or  La Roche Posay Antehelios Light Fluid Suncreen. All work well with make-up, are not greasy nor do they stain clothing as some chemical sunscreens do.

Good Luck in your search!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I will give you two recommendations.  I discovered Josie Maran's Get Even Sun Milk (A640348) it serves as a mositurizer as it contains her Argan oil and also is 33 SPF.  For the beach days or being in the sun for several hours I use Andrew Lessmans Sole' sunscreen.  I believe they are both mineral suncreens.  I am not make up person so I am not sure of the order in which you would apply.........I would ask @Shanus .  HTH.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1   Good morning. If my memory serves me, you have rosaea, right? I'd recommend a physical sunscreen definitely. That's what I use. Skinceuticals makes one...includes zinc. You can also try DRMTLGY Physical SPF. Neither one has fragrance and you just need to wait until the white cast disappears. 

Both SPFs above go well with moisturizers/metro cream  and makeup on top.

***It's not just how a sunscreen feels, it needs to not have any ingredients that would aggravate your skin.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like this sunscreen by La Roche-Posay but the only skin care I use in the morning after cleansing is sunscreen so I do not know how it will work with your products.

Trusted Contributor

my daughters and I like the brand supergoop

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Moisturizing Face Serum with Vitamin E and SPF 60+. I've recommended it on here before and I love it- its fragrance free, affordable, great for sensitive skin, non-greasy, doesn't leave a white cast and it works very well with other skincare products and makeup.  Also, La Roche Posay Double Repair SPF 30 in fantastic too. 

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  I recommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Moisturizing Face Serum with Vitamin E and SPF 60+. I've recommended it on here before and I love it- its fragrance free, affordable, great for sensitive skin, non-greasy, doesn't leave a white cast and it works very well with other skincare products and makeup.  Also, La Roche Posay Double Repair SPF 30 in fantastic too. 

@SportyShorty07 

I bought that Neutrogena sunscreen from your recommendation and I love it. 

Ultra Sheer® Face Serum with Vitamin E SPF 60+ | NEUTROGENA®

Esteemed Contributor

AngelPuppy1---I have senstive skin and am very fair. I found Dr.Denese Day Cream works for me. It's a multi task product that is sunscreen/moisturizer and foundation matching all in one. It is very light on the skin. I swear by this stuff. (A little goes a long way and can be applied with your fingers, sponge or brush. Hope it works well for you.

Honored Contributor

I apply my sunscreen after a touch of serum and moisturizer.

I use Neutrogena Drytouch 90 or their For Faces Only.

Neutrogena Age Shield Face Oil-Free Sunscreen, SPF 70 Sunblock, 3 fl oz