Valued Contributor

Can anyone Living Grace to me???

Hi Everyone, I use a bunch of different Philosophy scents, including PG, BG, SG, and AG. The scents are one of the only products I continue to buy from the brand. I'd love to know more about this scent. Can you tell me more? TIASmiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Re: Can anyone Living Grace to me???

I have the perfume and the body firming emulsion lotion. The perfume is much richer and more complex. It's a watery floral to me and has an earthiness I think is musk. I think that reigns in it sweetness. The lotion lacks this and is sweeter and smells like lily of the valley to me. I would not compare it to AG, BG or PG. Especially not PG. It's more floral and less clean. If I had to compare it to a Grace I'd pick Eternal Grace although not as earthy or green. Check Fragrantica .com and you can check the notes and compare it to similar perfumes and all the other Graces. Scent is so subjective but I hope that helped. I forgot, it smells to me most like Giving Grace. Have you smelled that one?
Valued Contributor

Oops! Just realized that the title of my thread is missing a word---DESCRIBE!! Sorry about that.:/ Cardamom--Thank you for your reply and description. This is exactly what I needed.Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Your welcome glmama. I found the notes on Fragrantia. It's musk, neroli and lily of the valley. I wish the lotion was as good as the perfume. I don't have the body butter that is in the TSV so maybe it is better.
Super Contributor

I'm just terrible at describing scents, but I will say LG has quickly become my favorite of the graces - it works very well w/ my chemistry and lasts - to me it's clean, yet pretty. I like the whipped body cream better than the lotion myself and that product alone gives me a great lasting scent. I don't like anything floral-like and hated the field of flowers scents more than words can say, so this is nothing like that...hahaha!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol} I recently bought the new sunshine grace from drugstore when they had a sale and I have to say I really, really like that one too!! Very fresh and clean smelling and smells very similar on me to bobbi brown bath which I also love. Wish the upcoming tsv was in that scent!! I ordered original AG in the upcoming tsv though since I'm well stocked on LG.

Super Contributor

I'm terrible at describing scents ... and I only have a sample of the LG shower gel ... I find it to be "green," and a little sharp. Definitely lily-of-the-valley, but there's something else in there, too. I don't really care for it. FIL is my favorite, and LG is off in the other direction.

Valued Contributor

I thought it smelled watery but now I am wondering if the blue bottle was suggestive. Hmmm....
Valued Contributor

Thanks dal and ennui.Smiley Happy I am divided, sometimes, about the scents I like. I'm not generally a floral girl, but sometimes I surprise myself! Now, I have to sniff this!!!
Respected Contributor

I LOVE the 3 in 1 in LG, but the spray fragrance has a really sharp dry down on me. I like the body lotion, too, but the 3 in 1 is my fave. I find it to be a clean and fresh scent with some musk (but not at all overbearing), and there's also a peppery note that I love. Might sound odd, but it's wonderful. :-) I haven't tried the whipped body creme, but have wanted to.

eta: Here is what Philosophy mentions on their site:

fragrance notes:

welcoming fresh neroli to uplift the senses; clean lily of the valley to inspire gratitude; and sensuous warm musk to embrace the beauty of today.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I am a big fan of LG. I love AG and PG and haven't liked any of the other Graces at all. I can't get enough of LG in the Whipped Body Cream and shower gel (not so much the sprays).

To me, it reminds me of Irish Spring soap without the harsh/sharp elements. It smells like all the green notes on Irish Spring. It's light, it's not heavy and there are no notes that stand out and scream at you.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN