Contributor

Re: Can anyone Living Grace to me???

I agree with the green, fresh and clean descriptions. This may sound silly, but to me, it has a bubbly, effervescence to it. It's really quite lovely and wears nicely.
Esteemed Contributor

I am in the minority here, but I was not a fan of LG. I picked it up, during a previous TSV. I have not used the 3-1 shower gel, but I have used the whipped crème (Hated it) However, I am not a big fan of musk, and I think that's what I was primarily picking up. The EDP, I have not had a problem with although I can easily say that it's not a favorite. I just use it every now and then. Eventually, I will get to the shower gel, and I will force myself to get through all 32oz, but I consider it not a repurchase grace.

Valued Contributor

i just tried it in the whipped body crème (my tsv just came) and at first i was like, oh no. i hate this just like i did the time i tried the spray fragrance. but now it's been a few minutes and i realize why i was willing to try it again.

on me, at first it does smell sort of watery/spa-like but more on the side of a men's fragrance or aftershave kind of thing (that's the part i do not like) as opposed to a more feminine or i guess gender neutral sort of spa scent.

but wait! the dry down is COMPLETELY different! soft, so clean, a little peppery (but like the difference between white and black pepper-- it's more subtle and smooth) and fresh like others have said. there's musk in there but to me it's so subtly done that it's really, really nice and smooth. the musk in this one is smoother to me than in all of the other graces, even baby. once the dry down happens you can smell the lily of the valley (always one of my favorite flowers) and the neroli but it's not too floral. it almost doesn't read floral to me. it's nice and fresh but not quite green to me (i do love a green fragrance. eternal grace has always been my favorite). where eternal grace has a kind of brightness and maybe is a little sharp and distinctly green, this isn't sharp at all to me. it's a tad "watery" but in a good way this time. but it's also not the same crisp freshness of pure grace. like someone else said it's clean but very pretty. but a totally different pretty than amazing grace. i want to say it's not a girly or fussy kind of pretty (not that ag is fussy). like, if amazing grace is the super feminine little black dress as they always say, living grace is the easy breezy, no makeup and t shirt and jeans or sundress kind of pretty? explaining fragrances is hard!

i don't know if that's helpful at all but that's what it's been like with my chemistry. if you try it-- wait for the dry down! it really changes. i mean, you could knock me over with a feather right now. that's how shocked i am at the difference between the initial scent and the way it eventually wears. dare i say i love it? i think i might! i can't wait to mix it w/ pg.

Super Contributor

I love LG...I also am a huge fan of AG and sometimes use PG...I think LG is closer to Eternal Grace which I also loved...it's a light, green, fresh scent....really wonderful in my opinion!Smiley Happy))
Valued Contributor

Rock star, vabelle, and celery--thank you all for replies.Smiley Happy these are all great decsriptions. Vabelle-Yours in particular really helps!Smiley Happy
Contributor

On 4/1/2014 jennys kid said:

i just tried it in the whipped body crème (my tsv just came) and at first i was like, oh no. i hate this just like i did the time i tried the spray fragrance. but now it's been a few minutes and i realize why i was willing to try it again.

on me, at first it does smell sort of watery/spa-like but more on the side of a men's fragrance or aftershave kind of thing (that's the part i do not like) as opposed to a more feminine or i guess gender neutral sort of spa scent.

but wait! the dry down is COMPLETELY different! soft, so clean, a little peppery (but like the difference between white and black pepper-- it's more subtle and smooth) and fresh like others have said. there's musk in there but to me it's so subtly done that it's really, really nice and smooth. the musk in this one is smoother to me than in all of the other graces, even baby. once the dry down happens you can smell the lily of the valley (always one of my favorite flowers) and the neroli but it's not too floral. it almost doesn't read floral to me. it's nice and fresh but not quite green to me (i do love a green fragrance. eternal grace has always been my favorite). where eternal grace has a kind of brightness and maybe is a little sharp and distinctly green, this isn't sharp at all to me. it's a tad "watery" but in a good way this time. but it's also not the same crisp freshness of pure grace. like someone else said it's clean but very pretty. but a totally different pretty than amazing grace. i want to say it's not a girly or fussy kind of pretty (not that ag is fussy). like, if amazing grace is the super feminine little black dress as they always say, living grace is the easy breezy, no makeup and t shirt and jeans or sundress kind of pretty? explaining fragrances is hard!

i don't know if that's helpful at all but that's what it's been like with my chemistry. if you try it-- wait for the dry down! it really changes. i mean, you could knock me over with a feather right now. that's how shocked i am at the difference between the initial scent and the way it eventually wears. dare i say i love it? i think i might! i can't wait to mix it w/ pg.

jennys kid - You summed up my experience with Living Grace perfectly! I have always had to get past that "men's cologne" phase to get to the part I really enjoy. It's funny really as I don't even like that type of men's cologne on my husband - prefer the spicy, classic scents better on him. It's amazing what our body chemistry can do with a fragrance, isn't it?

Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2014 jennys kid said:

I agree with a lot of what you stated, too. Really fresh and clean, and just a bit of musk, but without being overbearing. The sharp note I mentioned in my early post was only in regards to the spray fragrance. That could just be with my body chemistry, though. I don't detect a sharpness in the 3 in 1, nor the body lotion. I haven't tried the Whipped Body Crème, but I'd like to. For me, LG doesn't remind me of a men's cologne, but I do kind of see it as being a possible uni-se x scent. I love the peppery note in the 3 in 1. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

LOL--each time I open my lg fragrance/lotion or use lg shower gel--my first thought is freshly cut grass! (one of my favorite scents!)

on me, the fragrance dry down is soft and pretty.

Valued Contributor

nicole and celery-- glad i'm not the only one! brevity is not my strong suit so i tend to go on and on about these things and sometimes i'm not sure if I've made any sense by the time i'm done.

celery-- i totally agree w/you about the sharpness now that i've tried the edp. i'm not quite sure if i'm going to end up keeping this set in this scent because the edp does have some of that sharpness and is very strong. i think it might give me a headache. i'm going to have to try it on it's own (instead of layered w/the wbc) and see if i can handle it.

the way body chemistry affects scents is fascinating!

Respected Contributor

I love Living Grace; that and Fresh Cream are my Phil favs now. Living Grace has green notes, outdoorsy; perfect for Spring and Summer. But I wear it all year, even spray it on my bed linens.