Honored Contributor

Can a Someone suggest a Drugstore............

eyeliner that does not smudge and comes in a few different colors?  Thank you.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Can a Someone suggest a Drugstore............

I've always worn eyeliner, mascara and makeup.  For the past few years I've used IT eyeliner from QVC.

IT Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Duo Auto-Delivery - A284738

I used to be able to line the upper eyelid in a second (steady hand).  But as I've gotten old(er) I now have to line the 'inner rim' of my top eye.  Then I bring the line outward slightly.

Sometimes, very seldom though, if I have time, I will still take the time to line the top of my eye.  But it takes time and I move too slowly to do it very often.  

I can put on full makeup in maybe 5 to 7 minutes top.  I use a lot of mascara (Maybelline waterproof/black).  Used it for many years.

Everyone here has their favorites.  There are people here who know more about makeup than I do.  I just use what works and has worked for me for many years.

When I flub up I take a Q-tip (I'll only use the wooden ones) and put a tiny bit of Clinique creamy eye makeup remover on it and ....poof!  The boo boo is gone!  Time to start over!  Works great every time.

I keep thinking about maybe a year ago I was getting physical therapy when the therapist said (out of nowhere), "Are you wearing false eyelashes?"  I said, "No!"  That was it.

Then I walked away thinking, "Wow!  My lashes must look really good and long".

Then I started thinking about it and I think it was maybe...just maybe because when I line the inner rim on the top it works the same way as if I was lining the outside top (the line is black still).  So.....I think maybe that's good?  I don't know but it bugs me and I'd like to ask her but she left the practice so I can't see her again!  Ha!

My brain says, 'Forget about it".  But I still don't know.

I'm going to order from Sephora cosmetics some magnetic eyelashes first chance I get.  My granddaughter sometimes wears them and they look so natural and are easy (she says) to put on.

I ordered some from HSN and they came messed up (all inside and out of the box).  So I sent them back.

Time to give them another try.

I get compliments on my makeup.  It's hard when women compliment me not to say, "You can look like this.  Just experiment with makeup at home.  It's not brain surgery and anyone can do it.  If I can....anyone can."

Esteemed Contributor

L'Oreal....it's the one with the thin brush and goes on in a fine, fairly thin line. It's not the pencil-type. It doesn't tug or pull, and it lasts a full day for me. I think it's around $8 to $10.

Trusted Contributor

Like Revlon Colorstay in brown black.

This eyeliner comes in many colors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heart Jordana....eye liner, brow pencil - both go on with ease, stay put, and you don't look like a racoon at the end of the day.  They are inexpensive and cruelty free.  They tend to sell out quickly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof ones are fairly good. I like them because they are the automatic twist up type, no sharpening needed, and they have some nice colors.

Also the WnW Megalast Retractable ones are good but they only come in 3 colors...black, brown and black/brown.

Honored Contributor

I'm using Mally Gel Waterproof Liner on my top lid, Laura Geller for a lighter touch below.  It seems to be a solter black than Mally.

Image result for mally eyeliner pencil

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Heart Jordana....eye liner, brow pencil - both go on with ease, stay put, and you don't look like a racoon at the end of the day.  They are inexpensive and cruelty free.  They tend to sell out quickly.

Agreeing with @phoenixbrd , I also like Jordana.  It is as good as Urban Decay Eyeliner. (I have both).

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007   Agree....I've used high end in the past and the quality of Jordana competes at a fraction of the price.  The cruelty free seals the deal!

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Agreeing with @phoenixbrd , I also like Jordana.  It is as good as Urban Decay Eyeliner. (I have both).

Trusted Contributor

Try Almay Intense Color Gel Smooth Liner.

F/N/A luvstogarden