Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

I've got a shorter version of what you just described.  If I wore it straight it wouldn't be a problem  but I floof it out and up.  There is a sweet spot of about two weeks where it looks great.  But then over night seems to go from hero to zero.  IOW, one day it's not too long for my "do" and the next day it is.  Then it's time to pull out the BSH Powder Play and make it do what it doesn't want to do Smiley Tongue  That will get me another 2 weeks.  

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

That's a cute cut Smiley Happy  I don't do anything with my hair a blowdryer and product can't do.  I'm happy to do that.  It just crazy how one day it looks banger and one day later it's too long.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Yes. No color has to be done, so that's not an issue. My pixie cut is difficult since hair is wavy/curly, longer layer in the crown to create side swept bangs and the rest is quite short and layered. 

Anyone with curly hair knows that it draws up 3/4" or more from wet to dry. So, a stylist who doesn't get that can really mess up a cut. 

Honored Contributor

My hair is actually doing better since getting a modified pixie cut.  I can easitly get two days out of it, three with some dry shampoo. If I walk in a little wind from the parking lot into a store, it fluffs up pretty easily.  I haven't had short hair since I was 17 yrs. old!

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

Mine seems to grow overnight, too!

My "zero" is when I crush my hair in 2 hats when it is cold outside (like I did just now) ...first the alpaca then the thinsulate with the brim. I rarely care too much about the wind.

One of these days I'm going to be brave enough for a short-short style. Mine is just above shoulders & layered, no bangs.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm    If I am in the wind I am in trouble.  I am going for a haircut next week.  My hair grows quickly.  I wear it short layers.

Does anyone remember the hair style called the "Brush Up"?  I wore it at 15 so this is going way back.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Well --- I get my bangs cut and they seem good one day and the next they are down to my nose --- or so it seems!  I hate short bangs, so I refuse to get them cut shorter so I don't have to go less often.  I've tried cutting my bangs myself --- only made that mistake once --- what a mess!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Bangs...same here only I cut them myself.  I'd be in a pickle if I had to go to the salon to get them cut.  My are choppy and uneven (on purpose) and longer on the sides.  There are lots of videos on YT showing how to cut bangs.  I twist mine, hold them straight out, snip the length and then point cut for choppiness.  I like mine to be below my eyebrows Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I don't remember "brush up" but Googled it.  99% of the photos I saw were men.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can Your Hair Cut..

[ Edited ]

Seriously, my hair rarely goes from from zero to hero! 

It's wavy- curly but not the nice coiled curls, just random weak curls. It has a wiry, frizz-prone texture (forget summer, I don't even try). And a huge cowlick/ swirl at the crown, so I call myself Herman Munster head, because it makes my head look squared off!  Hats are my best friend to weigh it down. Cannot make this up, why would you??  But I keep trying...   As my hubby always reminds me, it could always be worse!  🤣🤣😉🥸