Honored Contributor

Can You Overdo the Hyaluronic Acid?

And if you could, I doubt this combo would.  I don't think I could live without my chilled Neutrogena HydroBoost Water Gel but I bought some Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid + B5.  Will using both double just be a waste of money?  Oh, I'll use one at night and one in the AM.   If you use this, it's amazing chilled in the fridge!

ha.jpg

I haven't used this yet.  Will try it tonight.

ha2.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can You Overdo the Hyaluronic Acid?

Yes

Honored Contributor

I would love to try this Water Gel, but it contains mineral oil and artificial dye blue. I try to avoid both of these when possible. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Might as well diversify a bit and get other benefits from your moisturizer. I don't think anything bad would happen if you used the HA serum with the Neutrogena Moisturizer though. Especially if it does have emollients like Mineral Oil, as @Shelbelle indicated, that can seal in the HA humectant and moisture. Mineral oil is dirt cheap and can clog pores for people who already have an issue, but I don't see it as that awful for dry skin, though some others do.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I don't know what the purpose of Hyaluronic Acid is so I can't say.  My moisturizer has lactic acid, thyme extract and chamomile to give a radiant complexion.  This is my forever moisturizer.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@monicakm    I just looked it up and if you use to much it can cause dryness and redness so be careful.  Maybe stick with one and then use a simple moisturizer without a whole bunch of stuff in it.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@monicakm 

Hi 

you can overdo it but it depends on your skin type . I follow Dr Dray a dermatologist with her own Youtube Channel . She and other derms state that Hyaluronic acid on its own is not moisturizing . It helps hold moisture in . According to Dr Dray its best applied to damp skin and then put your regular moisturizer over it. I have oliy acne prone skin and even my skin would dry with just hyalauronic acid .

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

So what IS your moisturizer? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

I do  use a moisturizer over the HA.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - I want to try this Hydroboost line as I've read so many positive reviews.  I love Neutrogena's sunscreen for my face (Clear Face spf 50).