Honored Contributor

Can Wen be used if you get a perm, or have had one?

My hair feels like it is getting thinner, due to age I guess. Thought about maybe trying Wen. I am going to perm on Wed, my hair needs so much help for body. But I know nothing about Wen. Or is it just for use on long straight hair? Thanks for any info.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can Wen be used if you get a perm, or have had one?

You can absolutely use Wen with a perm. It will make your curls super soft and moisturized. You may also want to get the styling creme and mousse. There is a great kit that has the cleansing conditioner, styling creme, glossing serum, and mousse. The item number is A254703. Just make sure you follow the directions exactly and you will love your hair!! Come back to the forum if you have more questions. Good luck!!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Hilary 77 thank you so much! Great answer in a nutshell. I've written it down and will check on it. Thanks for posting for me.

Super Contributor

WEN is great for any hair type, but particularly good for hair that is processed. The kit Hillary suggested is a great start, the mousse will help define your curls and hold a style. And if you're going to blow dry your hair, the WEN styling crème protects your hair from the heat.

Another good kit is A91596 which has the cleansing conditioner and the styling crème, the 2 basics you need. I would suggest getting it either in Sweet Almond Mint or Fig. Sweet Almond Mint is the first WEN formula and is universal, Fig is the most moisturizing.

You can also get a good idea about how WEN works and on how many different kinds of hair by looking at the video on either the gallons or the 32 oz bottles of WEN. Chaz will show all kinds of hair and tell what formulas they use.

Let us know what you decide.

Honored Contributor

Okiebug, Ok wrote your suggestions down too and appreciate that too.

I really wonder also, what the favorite scents are you like and those you aren't as happy with. I know everyone's different, but it makes me wonder how the scents are.

I may break down and read up on these products later today, we have to leave here soon, but now I'm interested.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate it.

Super Contributor

qualitygal, you're very welcome. As you said, scents are so personal, so I can only speak about myself. I'm a long-time WEN user - close to 9 years. The formulas I use are tea tree, fig, lavender and the new bamboo green tea. I love the scent of lavender, always have, and WEN is the closest to fresh lavender in the field than anything I've found. I use WEN lavender cleansing conditioner as a body wash and the WEN lavender body lotion.

I like the scent of all the formulas I use because they are not artificial, they are the natural scents of the oils in the product. I use the formulas for what they do for my hair - tea tree keeps my scalp clean and healthy and helps my hair grow; fig is moisturizing for my color-treated hair, I add lavender or bamboo green tea when I don't need fig full strength, and my leave in, which is the last thing you put on, has recently become bamboo green tea because it adds extra shine.

I'm sure others will post their favorite scents.

Super Contributor

That was the thing I loved Wen for. I got 6-8 months out of my perm. With shampoo I only got 3-4 months. You can even wash the day after a perm if you use Wen without hurting the perm. I used POM, Fig, Vanilla Mint and Coconut Mango. I haven't done a perm in a year and a half and I swear I am getting one in July. This poker straight hair is a real pain. I don't use Wen to shampoo lately for fear of that hair loss thing but when I perm I will use it again.