Valued Contributor

Re: Can U Suggest a Moisturizer

I love CeraVe.  My dermatologist recommended it and it is around $15.00 for a large tub.

Honored Contributor

I use and love Garnier Clearly Brighter Anti Sun Damage moisturizer with SPF 30.  It contains both Vitamins C & E.  It comes in a plastic container with a pump.  I have gone through multiple bottles of this.  It's under $15.00 at drug stores.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Katcat1,

Have you tried Olay Regenerist? Whatever made me try it, I can't say, but I've been using it for a while now. I just really like it! I use the sensitive (fragrance free) version.

from the website:

Infused with Hyaluronic Acid, Amino-Peptides and Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), this Moisture-Binding Formula Instantly Plumps & Lifts Surface Cells. The luxurious-feeling moisturizer immediately leaves skin hydrated, softens the look of fine lines and wrinkles and firms the look of skin with plumping hydration, to help take years off your skin age.

Or, something else I like is Andalou 1000 roses rosewater mask. (also for sensitive skin) Yes I sometimes just use it as my moisturizer.

This revitalizing mask, with alpine rose stem cells, delivers essential hydration and dermal vitality to soothe and nourish sensitive skin as pomegranate uplifts tone and hyaluronic acid and aloe vera help revive skin’s moisture barrier for a flawless looking complexion.

I like that I can pick these up at my Wegman's grocery.

Trusted Contributor

@m0rgan wrote:

I love CeraVe.  My dermatologist recommended it and it is around $15.00 for a large tub.

@m0rgan Are you using Cerave in the jar (designed for body) on your face? What do you think of Cerave facial moisturizers?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

Or, something else I like is Andalou 1000 roses rosewater mask. (also for sensitive skin) Yes I sometimes just use it as my moisturizer.

This revitalizing mask, with alpine rose stem cells, delivers essential hydration and dermal vitality to soothe and nourish sensitive skin as pomegranate uplifts tone and hyaluronic acid and aloe vera help revive skin’s moisture barrier for a flawless looking complexion.

I like that I can pick these up at my Wegman's grocery.

@Harpa - Have you ever tried the Andalou Naturals1000 Roses Pearl Exfoliator?  I just happened upon that today and like a number of the ingredients listed.  I wonder how effective it is?

Trusted Contributor

Go to the website Beautypedia -- there are reviews for drugstore, dept. store & online makeup and skin care.  It talks about the ingredients.  Lots of good drugstore moisturizer such as Olay, Neutrogena, etc.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, everyone for your suggestions.  I am allergic to Olay so that one is out.  I will take a look at several mentioned. 

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Harpa - Have you ever tried the Andalou Naturals1000 Roses Pearl Exfoliator?  I just happened upon that today and like a number of the ingredients listed.  I wonder how effective it is?

No, I haven't JLF. But right now I am using the Andalou lemon sugar facial scrub in place of my a.m. wash of superfine sugar.

Valued Contributor

Good morning @Harpa & @JeanLouiseFinch 

I use both the Andalou Rosewater mask and the pearl exfoiliator. I find them both very gentle and creamy . About 6 months ago I switched over to Devita and Andalou skin care . I use Devita for cleansing and moisture and use Andalou for treatment and body . I am 53 with combo skin sensitive skin prone to clogged pores and blemishes if I use too heavy a product. The 1000 roses line is made especially for sensitive skin. The 1000 roses body wash and body butters are wonderful too. I also have from a beauty box the Andalou Pumpkin Honey glycolic mask , which I have used with no irritation. Both lines Devita and Andalou are both reasonably priced with good ingredients. Have a great weekend 

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

Good morning @Harpa & @JeanLouiseFinch 

I use both the Andalou Rosewater mask and the pearl exfoiliator. I find them both very gentle and creamy . About 6 months ago I switched over to Devita and Andalou skin care . I use Devita for cleansing and moisture and use Andalou for treatment and body . I am 53 with combo skin sensitive skin prone to clogged pores and blemishes if I use too heavy a product. The 1000 roses line is made especially for sensitive skin. The 1000 roses body wash and body butters are wonderful too. I also have from a beauty box the Andalou Pumpkin Honey glycolic mask , which I have used with no irritation. Both lines Devita and Andalou are both reasonably priced with good ingredients. Have a great weekend 

Thanks @marmarbrooklynWoman Happy