Honored Contributor

Can you suggest a moisturizer with or without SPF that is $25 or under that will hydrate the facial skin, and has good vitamins in it for the skin.  I do not want to pay $50 plus for a moisturizer.  I use Marula oil at bedtime but like a moisturizer in the morning before my makeup.  I have tried many brands over the years but I would like to hear from you and your suggestions.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Can U Suggest a Moisturizer

[ Edited ]

I just picked up A and D cream at dollar tree.It is extremely moisturizing.I found out about it from my sons gf when I dried up like a prune at Christmas in Oklahoma.It is made is USA too so you can't go wrong.It can be used on hands or feet if you don't like for face.

Honored Contributor

Eucerin (original) in a jar & Vaseline (jelly) in a jar.

An oldie but goodie-Keri Lotion (original formula).  Hospitals use to use this exclusively back in da day.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I've tried many but I've went back to my Juice Beauty oil free moisturizer. It's $29 for 2 oz. it does a great job but the #1 reason I go back to it and will repurchase is because it never interferes with any foundation or makeup primer I use. Never balls up. 

It comes in a formula with SPF also, but I just get the regular. I like it better than JM face butter or the Philosophy HIJ. 

Valued Contributor

HI KatCat1 

I have been very happy with Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer spf 30+ mineral sunscreen 

and Devita Age Defying Perfecting Moisturizer . All Devita products are made for sensitive skin and are paraben free, safe for gluten sensitive persons contain no gmo's and are also cruelty free and vegan . The perfecting moisturizer contains Argeline and Hyaluronic acid it is 2.5 oz and sells on their website for 27.95 the sunscreen is 2.5 and sells for 25.95 on their website . I buy them from VitaCost which sells the the pefecting moisturizer for $20.49 and the sunscreen is usually $15.99 is actually on sale ( i just checked ) for $13.86. You can also get the line at many Whole foods . I also use the cleansers . Good luck in your search . 

Esteemed Contributor

I use Dr. Denese skincare products. Her dream cream is great but I'm not sure if the regular size is budget friendly for you. The other find that I use daily is First Aid Ultra Repair cream.  They have a generic cream that I use all over my body but also have expanded the line for specifics like face and eye, etc. This line is more budget friendly but you get results. I can't believe the difference it has made in my skin.

I hope one of these work for you.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Can you suggest a moisturizer with or without SPF that is $25 or under that will hydrate the facial skin, and has good vitamins in it for the skin.  I do not want to pay $50 plus for a moisturizer.  I use Marula oil at bedtime but like a moisturizer in the morning before my makeup.  I have tried many brands over the years but I would like to hear from you and your suggestions.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1 I prefer a very light gel type cream or lotion consistency for the AM as I believe it's more compatible with makeup.  Some days I will use the Skinn Poreless Cream, but the majority of the week I use Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion.  If you have Amazon Prime, you can get a 4 oz. bottle for under $15.  Here's a description:

About the Product
  • Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion contains highly concentrated collagen extract which restores skin moisture and recaptures skin natural elasticity. It stimulates skin cell regeneration and collagen production while balancing skin moisture and oil.
  • 54% of marine collagen solution contained : Marine collagen which has a similar molecular structure with human skin cells fills up in saggy skin that is lack of natural collagen restoring skin elasticity.
  • Reinforced wrinkle care : Copper tripeptide-1 and palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 give a synergy effect with rich collagen to skin elasticity. Adenosine certified by KFDA reinforces skin firming and wrinkle care effect. Raspberry extract, powerful antioxidant, removes harmful free oxygen radicals, which helps anti-aging.
  • No artificial coloring, fragrance or paraben contained
Super Contributor

Oil of Olay Total Effects works very well and leaves my skin very soft.  I have a normal-to-dry skin (not oily) and Total Effects was the result of a lot of trial and error but is now both my day and night cream.  They say it has seven vitamins in it.  The one I use does have SPF15 but there are a few versions so they may make one without it.  It costs $25.99.

Super Contributor

Neutrogena oil free moisturizer

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Eucerin (original) in a jar & Vaseline (jelly) in a jar.

An oldie but goodie-Keri Lotion (original formula).  Hospitals use to use this exclusively back in da day.

I'm a Eucerin user too!  Doesn't burn/irritate my sensitive skin.....leaves me moistuirzed and not left with a tight feeling on my face.  This cream may be too heavy for some....but my skin loves it.