Honored Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Lipstick With Staying Power, @Shanus Or Anyone

Another vote for ZuZu luxe.

Respected Contributor

You could always just keep using whatever lipstick color you like but apply a lip protector before you use it.  I'm using Mally's pencil currently and it works great for that.  

Respected Contributor

I almost exclusively wear Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick for well over a decade. Stays all day and i do not find it drying. 

Honored Contributor

@Fressa 

I've started utilizing Best Reviews just to see what the "top 5 <<fill in the blank items>>" are.  Here is what is says about longest wearing lipsticks.  I haven't tried any of them, though.  I use Aveda lipstick & they have some beautiful reds & pinks.  I like that they are mint flavored, but do they last ALL day...no.  They do wear well, though.

D3633F11-F670-476E-9716-0C648C56B24E.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Revlon Super Lustrous. Lasts for hours for me and doesn't dry my lips. Only lippie I've worn for decades.

To make any lipstick last longer - apply one coat, blot with tissue, then apply a second coat.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Maybelline  Super Stay Vinyl Ink Longwear Liquid Lipcolor.  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   The problem with the lipsticks that have staying power (advertised as long lasting) are very drying and I steer clear of them.  Bobbi Brown, Trish McEvoy and Laura Mercier tend to last a little longer.  Keep a small mirror and your tube of lipstick in your purse for quick touch ups.   Also sign up for emails from your favorite(s) lipsticks vendor as they offer discounts 25% to 30% off and that's when you stock up with different shades.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Surferwife--Thanks for the review info. I've been very impessed with the Doll10 because it lasts and doesn't move or dry my lips. My lips dry easy because of medication so it akes a while to find lip products. 

I would love the mint flavor that Aveda uses in the formula but not having to worry about which tube I grab (as far as shade) is a bonus to me. 

Lip products are the most difficult IMO to find the "one" that works for each person. It's always a "quest".

Good Luck with which ever you choose.

Honored Contributor

I'm resigned to the fact that I just have to keep reapplying lip products.  I own so many, I don't really care though.  LOL

I have tried so many lip products and the only ones that really last are matte and I don't care what the company says or anyone else, any matte lipstick I have tried is drying to my lips.  I can wear them for 1 day and then need to switch out, get my lips back moisturized and then use a matte again.

But because I'm a glutton for punishment, I ordered one of the new Milani Color Fetish Matte lipsticks and I'll see how those are.   The Maybelline Matte Ink was incredibly drying to my lips.  

Trusted Contributor

I have found the best for me is Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick.  It seems that the older I get the less the long-wearing lipsticks stay on my lips well.  Don't know why.  But I recently ordered some of these Revlon lipsticks in several shades and it stays on better than anything else I've tried.  I didn't wear lipstick much at home (just used balm) the last few years and certainly didn't wear it with masks so it's nice that I am able to wear lipstick again as more and more I don't have to wear a mask out (hope it stays that way!)  My favorite color is Supermodel, a mauvy tone, which I have worn for many years.