Respected Contributor

Can Anyone Describe DK Cashmere Mist Scent?

I have heard nice things about this perfume/lotion but every time I go to the mall I completely forget to check it out. Can someone describe how it smells? I don't like anything very strong.

Regular Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Describe DK Cashmere Mist Scent?

This is one of my favorite scents! It is very light and to me has no floral scent to it. The description from fragrance.net is:

"Cashmere Mist from Donna Karan is a fresh, warm fragrance for women. A delightful, fresh floral jasmine mixes perfectly with rich sandalwood and sweet vanilla to create a beautiful blend. Introduced in 1994, this gentle scent adds an understated touch of elegance to your daytime activities, whether you're out and about town or working inside. Spray it on before you head out in the morning for a distinctive yet subtle scent that will last the whole day."

I never noticed the vanilla scent in it, just very nice and never overpowering. I get a lot of compliments on it. I also never purchase from department stores except Nordstrom's Half Yearly sale they usually have great deals on this. Amazon has a great deal on it right now along with fragrance.net is having a sale. Check the web for deals on it and give it a try I think you will really like it, unless you are a real floral scent person.

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Super Contributor

I would add to Nicky's description that it's very powdery. I don't like powdery scents, but a lot of women love this one.

Hopefully, you will like it.

Respected Contributor

I love it....very ""powdery scent"" not too strong or overbearing. It smells a little bit vanilla-ery....with a slight hint of musk...maybe some amber or sandlewood?

It's really nice.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Valued Contributor

I can't quite remember what it smells like,it's been many years since I used it..But what I do remember is I liked it..and when I wore it,i got compliments...I was gifted this fragrance from a friend who we did some favors for. In fact he gave me 2 bottles of it!....I can't tell you why I never bought it again..I guess because I had so much other Perfume..

Regular Contributor

On 12/31/2014 Lotus~ said:

I love it....very "powdery scent" not too strong or overbearing. It smells a little bit vanilla-ery....with a slight hint of musk...maybe some amber or sandlewood?

It's really nice.

You know I never noticed the "powdery scent" with this perfume, maybe because of Baby Grace, which really smells powdery to me. It is nice to see how different it can be for each person and give the OP a good point of view to make a decision.

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Respected Contributor

I like that it is light, with a bit of floral, powder and light musk. It is a soft scent that is just comfortable, like a hug.

Frequent Contributor

One of my favorite scents...isn't overpowering floral but has a soft vanilla undertone to it. Ulta sells it in a rollerball container if you can't spend more on the larger bottles.

Respected Contributor

I also like D&G Light Blue and Jovon White Musk. I love Moonlite Path from Bath and Body. They are all soft scents that are relaxing, soft florals/musks/fresh scents. They aren't fresh like Amazing Grace and Clean, but they are baby fresh.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much everyone. I don't know if I would like it as I don't like powdery scents but I will definitely look at it when I am in the mall next time. Happy New Year!!