Esteemed Contributor

Re: Campanelli makeup removal cloths

I use disposable clothes that do a great job in removing all my makeup. Sometimes I then wash my face with a dab of Purity,but it isn't really necessary.

Honored Contributor

I tried similar microfiber cloths had to quit because my face becomes tender and irritated.  

Honored Contributor

I have the set of these wonderful things--they are soft even when wet--  and I use them to remove my make up BEFORE I cleanse --- they work great!! I have the set with the corner that has an exfoliating type fabric on it---you don't need to hard scrub your face and it doesn't drag or tug on your face. I use it under my eyes with very little tugging. Afterwards, I use my cleanser and then rinse it all off with the same cloth. Takes off mascara like a charm--I think the models have to go fast in the limited time they have to demonstrate and that makes them look like they are scrubbing hard--but the towels themselves are very gentle/soft. Yes I use a cleanser with them--- they do far better than those stupid make up remover wipes.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a set of these once to use as a washcloth to remove my cleanser.  Realized after a while that they actually hurt a little when I used them.  Irritated my face may be a better description.  Anyway, they are now dust rags. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

These cloths are designed to remove all your makeup without a cleanser.  Is this possible?  The blonde lady demonstrating sure was rubbing her face hard trying to remove all the makeup.  She probably lost some eyelashes with all the tugging.

These cloths looks nice, but I'm still convinced that some type of cleanser needs to be used.

Campanelli Perfect Beauty 12-Piece Makeup Remover Towels - A630848

@San Antonio Gal  I have a bunch of them & use them every day but I don't use them to remove makeup. I use Micellar wipes for that and them cleanse later with SKINN PM cleanser. I use the cloths mostly in the morning. 

Valued Contributor

I use and like them. I bought Joy Mangano's years ago and didn't care for the quality. Campanelli's are much better quality. I don't have a problem with them removing my makeup and mascara. Like you, I can't accept not using a cleanser and do a second wash with Purity or Clinique Take the Day Off. Very little, if any, makeup is on the cloth the second time around. As others mentioned, they do rinse clean and dry quickly. I don't have to deal with makeup staining my washcloths. They are an odd size; I use the small ones nightly and the larger ones for beauty treatments like masks or peels. The tags on each cloth are irritating so I cut them off. Give them a try, you might really like them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

IMHO, they don't take off ANY mascara!!!  Or any of the eyeliners I use either!

Certainly, not w/ just water.

I find they do Not give a good, deep cleaning....but are good for a quick refresher.

I have had them a long time, they do last, many washings...but for makeup removal...I wouldn't buy them again.

Def NOT for this makeup:

Image result for picture of carol burnett as norma desmond

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

These cloths are designed to remove all your makeup without a cleanser.  Is this possible?  The blonde lady demonstrating sure was rubbing her face hard trying to remove all the makeup.  She probably lost some eyelashes with all the tugging.

These cloths looks nice, but I'm still convinced that some type of cleanser needs to be used.

@San Antonio Gal 

EXACTLY!  I've always thought the demonstrations were far from gentle.  I love the Campanelli cloths, but I use cleanser.  I'm not going to be rough & tough removing my make-up.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

I got a pkg of 4 makeup removers --- microfiber/soft type cloth-- at Aldi's. LOVE THEM!  Went back and got another pkg.  Under $6----use them daily.  Sometimes just a squirt of makeup remover if needed.  

Respected Contributor

Hi @Shelbelle 

I agree!  I have tried the Campanelli & don't like the sizes/shape.  That long rectangular one is for what?  Dripping water all over the place. 

I have similar products-- small rounds and square smaller than a wash cloth sizes.  

As others have stated, I usually use cleanser to remove a full face of make up.  On days I don't wear make up and just have spf, water is fine.