Honored Contributor

Re: Campanelli Towel Set TSV

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I can see how someone might like to gift these sets to a beauty/skincare lover, but they aren't for me.  They're so soft, I doubt they do much exfoliating.  I prefer an actual washcloth and choice of cleanser.  Normally I purchase bundles of white washcloths from Costco and use a fresh one every time I'm in front of the sink. They're also handy as something to rub my brushes on after spraying on the brush cleaner.  They're easy to wash and can be bleached.  That said, the whites do get dingey over time.  Mine were wearing out and I've been meaning to replace them, so on Black Friday I was able to order a bundle of 24 for $17.99.  I bought navy blue this time.

@JeanLouiseFinch, I could have written your post, except that I always buy white ones.. I found a quality set of 12 on Amazon, and I buy a new set when mine have seen much better days. 

I use probably two a day and just throw them in the regular wash.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Iwantcoffee

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not need six of them!!!!!... and all the packaging in seperate boxes... JUST WASTEFUL to have to throwaway/ recycle the boxes..

If they sold just two  of the clothes  together I would buy it  just to to try it..... why did they only offer having to buy SO MANY?     Not everyone is going to be giving them as gifts.

I do not care for the set offered as a TSV. Here are a couple of options without the gift boxes for anyone interested.

https://www.qvc.com/40-Piece-Premium-Microfiber-Towel-Set-by-Campanelli.product.V35242.html?sc=PSCH&...

25 piece set

https://www.qvc.com/25-Piece-Premium-Microfiber-Towel-Set-by-Campanelli.product.H305477.html?sc=SRCH

Thanks - @Iwantcoffee.  I see no reason why these could not be used as wash cloths!  Some of the reviewers mentioned it.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I vowed to resist this TSV, but I caved after hearing on the testimonials and reading here the raves.  Will give to my DD's and keep a couple for myself.  I'll try them out when I get them which should be before Christmas.   I am sure I will still use cleanser though.  I feel they are rather pricey, but will give them a try.

Respected Contributor

These cloths work remarkably well.  One side has a shorter nap for cleaning and the other side with a longer nap for exfoliating.  I always use both sides.  The short side after I cleanse (Paula's Choice cleanser) and rinse my face (just with my hands) and the long side after that.  In the morning I ju st use them with water and my face is totally clean.

Be sure to rinse and ring them out well before you hang to dry.  I wash them in the machine, but air dry them.

The cleaning cloths are made of a different composition and not the same as these.  Not that you probably couldn't use them for your face, but be aware they are of a different blend of material.

I have enough face cloths to not have to worry about the laundry, not that I do anyway. 

I didn't get this set as I don't want the bags or boxes, but was tempted!!

Super Contributor

You can use both sides. These are fantastic
Esteemed Contributor

Are they harsh on the skin?  I have sensitive skin and want something gentle.

Respected Contributor

I have used various campanelli towels on my body and face and all work really well.  I was set to use the Puppy Fur towels on my face and then this set came up and I ordered it.  I can always give a few sets as gifts and keep the rest for myself.  I have to say I used the puppyfur one on my face yesterday, full day of makeup came off so easy and just with water.  No big mess of water all over my shirt, in my hair, on the floor etc.  I am a believer.

Valued Contributor

I already used the towels before so I got 3 sets of the TSV.I will give a few as presents next summer to some of my girlfriends who wear make-up.They love to get new items they can't find in Italy.

I have to use some wipes I already purchased earlier,but they don't clean as well as the towels (even the Beekman ones).

Also I believe the towels are softer on my skin than the wipes.I always wash my face with a cleaner after or before using the towels.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I have used various campanelli towels on my body and face and all work really well.  I was set to use the Puppy Fur towels on my face and then this set came up and I ordered it.  I can always give a few sets as gifts and keep the rest for myself.  I have to say I used the puppyfur one on my face yesterday, full day of makeup came off so easy and just with water.  No big mess of water all over my shirt, in my hair, on the floor etc.  I am a believer.

Good to know about those 'puppy fur' towels. I was wondering about them for use on the face.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

Are they harsh on the skin?  I have sensitive skin and want something gentle.

@SnooppNo they are super soft but they do exfoliate also without any harshness.  I have rosacea so believe me if they weren't soft I wouldn't be able to tolerate them.  I know some say they don't work for them to exfoliate but I find that if I go over a area where I have build up they do for me.  Could be the type of skin they have compared to mine.

I like having a decent supply so I actually wish they had done a 10piece set....no boxes!  This way I have a fresh one daily and some extra in stock in case over time they loose their ability to work so well. 

I have used those other ones posted in this thread to remove my make up but stuff still stains those and they don't work nearly as well.  These truly are much better so worth the expense.  I just pray they didn't change the fabrication from the original sets offered that would be a big mistake by this company.  Quality is KEY

Edit to add: I always use cleanser....I understand you don't need to But I prefer to use it.