Esteemed Contributor

Re: Campanelli FreshFace towel - wow!! Rave

@philogirl 

Please post your comments when you get your box of goodies. I thought I'd gift a couple items, no way. Keeping all for moi! 

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS I usually use neutragena makeup remover wipes to remove makeup from my eyes and face before cleansing.  The Geller eyeliner was always a little smudgy to remove and so I would also use a cotton ball with a neutragena oil-free eye makeup remover for stubborn eye products and waterproof mascara.  I'm fine with those products (I own them already) but if I can use this towel 90% of my time since it removeds my other eye makeup products, I'm a happy camper.  

I like that Julep lip balm too.  It is pretty pale, but it really lasts for a long time on me.  Very happy with this kit!!  

Super Contributor

Hi Rochelle, I will post a review! I forgot I ordered this. It hasn't arrived yet. Maybe 

tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@rochelleS @Nona of Five Please post when you've tried this towel!  I hope that you love them as much as I do.  If you wear mascara and eyeliner and dislike using makeup removers on your eyes I think that you are going to be as pleased as I am.  I hope so at least.  

One comment - the instructions tell you to machine wash the towel before the first use.  I ignored the instructions, and used the towel.  The towel did work, it left a bit of lint on my face which I en had to rinse off.  I then machine washed it and air dried it, and there has been zero lint since.  So do machine wash it first, or understand that there may be a little lint Smiley Wink

@Mrsq2022 I LOVE this try me kit! It's so sweet, great packaging and everything is a keeper! Woweee. I really Love the Perricone lip gloss, fabulous color! and the julep lippie is a soft neutral mauve in a very pretty shiny gunmetal tube. Tres chic. I do use med in the IT CC so the sample is a welcome little traveling size. The Algenist primer, Nude Stix neutral brown pencil and make up sponge (loving using these more and more lately) rounds out a well thought out cosmetic selection.

The Fresh Face make up remover towel really surprised me. So very very soft.  You could wrap a newborn in it soft. Yes it removed my make-up beautifully. But not my mascara. I was wearing IT Superhero which is dense, like a waterproof product. In all fairness, I didn't and don't rub my eyes with any great pressure. Prefer to lightly blot and swipe off mascara after using remover. I will try another brand and test try it again.

I wanted to post this before the 4 ez pays expired today but nonetheless this is a great kit to gift or treat yourself with high quality products with no regrets!Screenshot_2016-08-25-05-35-33.png

@rochelleS wow what a cute little set at a GREAT price! Just the perricone lipgloss costs more than this whole kit. It would make a great gift too. Thanks for the heads up!

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze

I couldn't agree more! I often read how others purchase various beauty boxes, monthly plans or sample kits only to find wee little samples or products that didn't fit their profile or just plain stuff they'd never use. Not this sampler! It's well thought and packaged. I'd buy everything in this kit again, if I don't already have IT...Perricone gloss is fabulous and like you said, covers the cost of admission. A great and thoughtful gift to oneself or a friend. This truly is money well spent. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@HappyDaze

I couldn't agree more! I often read how others purchase various beauty boxes, monthly plans or sample kits only to find wee little samples or products that didn't fit their profile or just plain stuff they'd never use. Not this sampler! It's well thought and packaged. I'd buy everything in this kit again, if I don't already have IT...Perricone gloss is fabulous and like you said, covers the cost of admission. A great and thoughtful gift to oneself or a friend. This truly is money well spent. 

@rochelleS oh yes, I was one of them. Had a BIrchbox sub for a long time and thought about trying others but got tired of getting so many products I didn't use or want to use and the samples got tinier and tinier and very rarely a full sized item so decided to save my $10 and just put it towards something with a better value. I've been wanting to try the Nudestix and the Perricone gloss for a long time so those two items with the Cleansing cloth is worth the price by far to me! Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze The Julep is another interests in product if you haven't already tried their balms.  It's a drier balm, and the color is quite light.  Lighter than I thought it would be, but I ended up really liking it when I'm wearing a dark eye.  It isn't a nude or a pink.  Vintage mauve really is a pretty decent description.  I hope that you are pleasantly surprised to like the Julep balm as well because that was one of the items I didn't think much about and seem to reach for each morning. 

The algenist cc primer is also interesting.  I wouldn't repurchase it but I have worn it a couple of times on a no makeup day.  I may end up repurchasing this kit before it sells out.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@HappyDaze The Julep is another interests in product if you haven't already tried their balms.  It's a drier balm, and the color is quite light.  Lighter than I thought it would be, but I ended up really liking it when I'm wearing a dark eye.  It isn't a nude or a pink.  Vintage mauve really is a pretty decent description.  I hope that you are pleasantly surprised to like the Julep balm as well because that was one of the items I didn't think much about and seem to reach for each morning. 

The algenist cc primer is also interesting.  I wouldn't repurchase it but I have worn it a couple of times on a no makeup day.  I may end up repurchasing this kit before it sells out.

@Mrsq2022 good to know about the Julep as I have not heard much about their lip products. I love mauve lip colors but some of the swatches I've seen didn't look very mauve so I was going to just gift the product as I thought the color wouldn't work but now you have me wondering if I should give it a try!  I think I will gift the algenist primer because I've tried a few algenist products and they tend to break me out (just a pimple or two). I don't think my skin likes algae type ingredients in products, espeically if they are too high in the ingredient list. Not sure why?? I am not even sure this product has it so I will have to check  but I assume it does since that is basically what the brand is based on.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@philogirl wrote:

Hi Rochelle, I will post a review! I forgot I ordered this. It hasn't arrived yet. Maybe 

tomorrow. 

@philogirl

Have received your kit? Please share your thoughts. My BFF listened to me rave about it and later ordered it too. She's equally as tickled and talks about reordering a couple of the componets. I ended up buying some Perricone no makeup items after using the gloss in this package. Keep us posted! 

@Mrsq2022 certainly brought attention to this great sampler

Super Contributor

I purchased the kit on 8/28 and it hasn't come, 9/6.  hope it comes today! Have a great Tuesday!