Frequent Contributor

Re: Calling my curly girls.. I need advice

My curls are not nearly as tight and defined as yours. Mine are more the finger-in-a-light-socket look. But Aveda has a product called Be Curly that is very nice. Gives the curls definition and control while still being super soft.

Frequent Contributor

FluffyBear,

How do you dry your hair? My hair is curly but the curls don't seem to be as tight as yours. I don't touch my hair while it is wet or it frizzes and the curl separates, regardless of products. I do find for me that a styling cream works better for keeping my curls clumped together. Other products separate the curls.

I used the CC as a leave in most of the summer and it kept the hair at my crown from frizzing but I recently stopped when my hair was acting up. You may want to try and cut back on the CC leave in and instead use more styling cream or maybe more of the remoist. Of course finding the right styling cream is the dilemma.

I tried the fig styling cream a couple of weeks ago and it was horrible but I also used fig CC and fig as a leave in. It was too much. I gave it another try last night and I could tell my curls were not going to separate by the thickness of the cream. I went to bed with my hair wet (the ultimate frizz test) and my hair is shiny, no frizz, bouncy. My curls are a bit of a mess because my hair was wet when I went to sleep but wow, the hair itself really came out great. Have you already tried the Wen styling creams? The only other styling cream I use is Devacurl (I have tried just about everything). My curls clump together beautifully with it but I am hoping to also love the Wen when I get the formula right. I have a friend who uses the Devacurl Heaven in Hair as a styling cream. It is too much for my hair though and I noticed you said Deva products dried out your hair so you may have tried these already without success.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/20/2014 FluffyBear said:
On 9/20/2014 HonnyBrown said:

John Frieda Frizz Ease! Mad curl definition!

How much do you use? Tell me everything in detail lol

I have short, chin length hair that is thick and course with tight curls. When my hair got longer (TT), I got frizz that Wen couldn't handle.

For my leave-in, I use 2 pumps of SAM (16 ounce bottle) with 3 pumps of Frizz Ease Extra Strength on sopping wet hair. I follow that with Wen Styling Cream.

Frizz Ease has to be used on wet hair, so to refresh second day hair, I use Wen Glossing Serum or another serum.

Frizz Ease and Fig do not play well together.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I hope no minds, but may I please suggest something to FluffyBear to help tame the frizz in her hair? It's not a WEN product and I wouldn't try to turn her away from using WEN, but if it's all right and no one minds, may I please suggest something to the OP just to tame the frizz in her hair?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

I hope no minds, but may I please suggest something to FluffyBear to help tame the frizz in her hair? It's not a WEN product and I wouldn't try to turn her away from using WEN, but if it's all right and no one minds, may I please suggest something to the OP just to tame the frizz in her hair?

NCB, quite a few of us have suggested non-Wen products in this thread, and I don't think FluffyBear's looking for a Wen product in particular, so please feel free to share (I'm listening too since I'm always on the lookout for curl saving products) {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Please do!

I'm always on the hunt for something to tame my frizz in case my current product gets discontinued.

Are you going to recommend the Nick Chavez product you told me about last week?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

On 9/21/2014 RyBelle said:

NCB, quite a few of us have suggested non-Wen products in this thread, and I don't think FluffyBear's looking for a Wen product in particular, so please feel free to share (I'm listening too since I'm always on the lookout for curl saving products) {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Okay, thank you. Smile

There's a product called Velvet Mesquite Serum by a man named Nick Chavez. It's a non-oily, non-greasy serum that you can put on your hair and even on dry patches of skin. The bottle says 1 pump for fine, thinning hair, 2 pumps for regular hair and 3 pumps for thick, coarse hair.

The serum is clear and has a nice scent (to me, anyway) and is good for taming frizz. It also isn't greasy or sticky, so that's good. Hope that helps some.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
New Contributor

I also have frizzy hair. After I put my curl definer on, I spay with hairspray, then don't touch til dry.
Frequent Contributor

Hi FluffyBear, have u tried any of these ?

Briogeo Curl Charisma Leave in Defining Cream

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl + Style Milk

Jessicurl Confident Coils

AG Re Coil Curl Activating Balm

Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls