Respected Contributor

Re: Calling eyelash growth experts

I use rapid lash.  It has added good length to my lashes.

Respected Contributor

Latisse is the only thing I have used that works.  My lashes are long and thick.  I use eyeliner and just s smidge of mascara.  It is expensive but it works best for me.  I only use it a couple of times a week now that my lashes are long and thick.  I am in my sixties and I always had long light brown lashes but aging took it's toll.  I have tried many of the products discussed here but got very little to no results. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

Thanks to all for recs.

I did see good reviews for Rapidlash, but others said they stopped using a key "ingredient" and was no longer working.  Not sure if that is true or not.

I think I may give Careprost a try, but I am concerned about eyecolor change.  One website said it was possible.

Has anyone experienced that?

My eyes are green and I'd rather not lose that (along with everything else!).

I never had good eyelashes but they got thinner as I aged.  I was seeing a plastic surgeon and was wearing extensions and his nurse suggested Latisse; he advised me against it as the pupil of the eye can become discolored, particularly those with light eyes; mine are blue so I didn't try it and stuck with my extensions.   

Honored Contributor

I use castor oil on both my lashes and brows; it's affordable and really helps.

Respected Contributor

I use revitalash and revitabrow.   really you can use the revitalsh on the brows too, which I did at first.  Now that I know that it works pretty well for me, I buy both, you know, have one dedicated to eyelash use and one decicated to eyebrow use!

Valued Contributor

I started using Rapidlash around early October, and it took about 4 weeks, but my lashes were nice and long,  I ran out in January, and could not get it through Amazon (they were out of stock), but finally was able to order it and starting using it again.  You definitely need to keep using it or your lashes will eventually go back to their previous state. I bought it for around $25.  I have always had pretty good lashes, but the Rapidlash really brought them out, and when I tightline the upper lid, they really look long and thick.

Respected Contributor

I use Lattise.  It works.  I am no longer young, but my eyelashes are.  I also use on my eyebrows to keep them thick also.  I hate the expense, but so worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I used to use RapidLash and yes, it does work but I got tired of paying that amount of money for it so I switched to just using Rosehip seed oil. You can get Rapidash often on Hautelook for a better deal than many places. Costco and costco.com carries it too if you are a member.

Where do you get  Rosehip seed oil? I like the idea of trying something more 'natural'.

Update: I found lots of options on Amazon!  Woman Very Happy

@Ibby114 I use Shea Terra organics but you are right, there are all kinds/brands out there. Smiley Happy If you decide you want to try it, here is what I recommend you do. Use only a teeny tiny drop on a clean mascara wand and sweep it on eyelashes starting at the base. It should be such a little amount that it will not drip into your eyes! Some people use a pointy eyeliner brush and just apply it to the base of the lashes like you do with rapid lash or careprost. Anyway, it is not a quick fix (a few months to start seeing changes) so be patient. It also doesn't cause your lashes to individually get thicker, I just find it makes them grow longer,  fill in better, I lose less lashes and they don't break off like they used to. Good luck if you decide to try it! Smiley Happy

I bought Rosehip Seed Oil by Leven Rose on Amazon.  Over 400 reviews; mostly 5 star  some 4 star and very few anything other. A 1 ounce bottle should give me an idea if this helps  my eyelashes!

Contributor

Here is my experience--

I used Latisse and then switched to Careprost from Tara Skincare.  I purchased Latisse at a medical spa office.  I have never received bad advice from this office and all products/services are tested before they are offered for sale.  Also, a very conservative friend of mine told me that her opthamaolgist confirmed that she would not have a problem with eye color change with Latisse.  At the medical spa, I was told that I might have darkening of my eyelids and red eyes.  I do experience the darkening of my eyelids, but it is easily covered with a good primer and goes away in a few days after application.  I have green eyes and there has been no color change. 

The change has been well worth the price, my eyelashes are long and youthful looking (I"m in my mid 60's).  I have been very happy with the Careprost price and fast shipping from Tara Skincare.

Esteemed Contributor

I hate using mascara and I'm going to order Careprost. I have green eyes as well and so glad to see that you've had no change in color.