Honored Contributor

Re: Calling eyelash growth experts

I used to use RapidLash and yes, it does work but I got tired of paying that amount of money for it so I switched to just using Rosehip seed oil. You can get Rapidash often on Hautelook for a better deal than many places. Costco and costco.com carries it too if you are a member.

Super Contributor

Hi Shelbelle, Careprost is the generic version of Latisse. I got mine from All Day Chemist. I learned about it here. Satisfied customers, but I will probably try Tara Skincare to use an American site. ADC is in India., I started using in November. I bought three bottles and just opened the second. Love the results!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shaunac wrote:

Hands down:  Careprost

This will give you results in about 4-6 weeks. 

Buy from Tara Skincare

With code pay $32.98 and free shipping.

I used Rapidlash and it did absolutely nothing for me.

Does this one contain the glaucoma med like Latisse, Rapid Lash does not.

Yes it does.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also have the vanishing eyelash issue. I wonder if Wen's tea tree oil would help.... I've been using it on my temples for thinning hair and (with patience!) it's effective. I'm going to try and use it on my lashes at night! Trying Rimmel's accelerator is definitely on my list as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all for recs.

I did see good reviews for Rapidlash, but others said they stopped using a key "ingredient" and was no longer working.  Not sure if that is true or not.

I think I may give Careprost a try, but I am concerned about eyecolor change.  One website said it was possible.

Has anyone experienced that?

My eyes are green and I'd rather not lose that (along with everything else!).

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I also have the vanishing eyelash issue. I wonder if Wen's tea tree oil would help.... I've been using it on my temples for thinning hair and (with patience!) it's effective. I'm going to try and use it on my lashes at night!

That actually sounds potentially painful and irritating. I would not recommend doing that. It contains eucalyptus and peppermint oil in it too which isn't something you want to get into your eye.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I also have the vanishing eyelash issue. I wonder if Wen's tea tree oil would help.... I've been using it on my temples for thinning hair and (with patience!) it's effective. I'm going to try and use it on my lashes at night!

That actually sounds potentially painful and irritating. I would not recommend doing that. It contains eucalyptus and peppermint oil in it too which isn't something you want to get into your eye.

True, you're right.... Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

I used to use RapidLash and yes, it does work but I got tired of paying that amount of money for it so I switched to just using Rosehip seed oil. You can get Rapidash often on Hautelook for a better deal than many places. Costco and costco.com carries it too if you are a member.

Where do you get  Rosehip seed oil? I like the idea of trying something more 'natural'.

Update: I found lots of options on Amazon!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Where do you get  Rosehip seed oil? I like the idea of trying something more 'natural'.

Update: I found lots of options on Amazon!  Woman Very Happy

@Ibby114 I use Shea Terra organics but you are right, there are all kinds/brands out there. Smiley Happy If you decide you want to try it, here is what I recommend you do. Use only a teeny tiny drop on a clean mascara wand and sweep it on eyelashes starting at the base. It should be such a little amount that it will not drip into your eyes! Some people use a pointy eyeliner brush and just apply it to the base of the lashes like you do with rapid lash or careprost. Anyway, it is not a quick fix (a few months to start seeing changes) so be patient. It also doesn't cause your lashes to individually get thicker, I just find it makes them grow longer,  fill in better, I lose less lashes and they don't break off like they used to. Good luck if you decide to try it! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I've heard that a mix of Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, and Avecado Oil works.  Also just Vitamin E oil by itself.  Anyone know which oil truly works best or if you have to combine different oils together?  Thanks.