Trusted Contributor

Re: Caller said she is carded at 67 years old

Older individuals are carded quite often when buying liquor so the cashier can see if the ID picture resembles them at all or if a fake ID is being used by adults.  Adults buying liquor for minors is quite a problem in our city and the sellers have been "carding" almost everyone.

If she thinks she was "carded" because someone thought she looked younger than 21 years old, she is delusional.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Maybe they card her to see if she qualifies for senior citizen discount?????

Oh snap. 

ROFLOL

Respected Contributor

ha....I am sure! However,I was carded all the time until I hit 44....then early menopause and thyroid disorder set in....I very quickly started to show my true age....so bummed!

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

Work in the hospitably industry in a tourist beach town. Its common practice to card people if they use a credit card & especially if you're buying alcohol. An inside joke for us when women's & men faces light up, they do the awww shucks thing sometimes, giggle, makes jokes  when you card them because they think its because they look young.  Not at all, we just want to make sure your card matches your ID. Also  some places serving alchol, automatically card anyone buying it becaue it makes it safer & your bases are covered. you look your age, maybe a little young, maybe a lot older but in the end its our job to card you if the employer requires it.

Very true......also, the front office gets fax pictures of the "Wanted" list (no we don't hang them on the wall, but they are part of the pre-shift).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Just maybe she lives in Colorado.  I think everyone gets carded there for "select purchases" to make sure you live in CO?  wink~wink

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Frequent Contributor

Just because a clerk ask for your ID does not mean you don't look 21. There are other reasons. With Identity theft going around, a lot of stores are asking for two forms of ID. Especially if you are paying with a credit. card. I did not have my license with me a few weeks ago and clerk would not ring my puchase up, had to go home get my ID. I am sixty two and in no way did I think she thought I wasn't twenty one. She said she has to card everyone no matter what age.

Honored Contributor

I hate to bruise anyone's ego, but this happened to me. I am 70 and said Are you kidding? The reply was that they have had problems with employees and the new policy is to card anyone that is still breathing.
Honored Contributor

I was shocked when I got carded but the employee said that they had to card everyone.

My bubble got burstedWoman Sad

Maybe the woman didn't realize that there are a lot of places that card everyone.

Just think, it didn't hurt anyone and it made her day.

Honored Contributor

This really makes me laugh because time and again ladies (especially) do not think they look their age.  I've never met anyone who didn't think they looked younger than they are.  I've never heard ANY caller state they looked their age... looked GOOD for their age mind you, but they ALL say they look 5, 10 even 20 years younger than they are.

What's ironic is that they don't IMHO.  Some may look better, healthier, even happier (and that DOES make people look good)... but even those that have had excellent cosmetic surgery has something about the look in and around their eyes that give away their age, or at least you figure out around their decade.  There is also a look that occurs that seems to be the same for all ladies and gents who end up getting too much cosmetic surgery. This "look" is a big tip off. 

Now I'm all for anyone thinking they look younger than they do, whether they do or not, and those that really think it's so can live happily in ltheir delusions....  and if it makes them happy, all the better.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*