Honored Contributor

A379809

Calista Mega-Size Embellish Definer

Watched Amy and models use this and it looks as though it really makes your hair look full.  My curly hair is flat on top and I would like to poof it up a bit.

Has anyone used this stuff?  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

It seems like the same concept as Nick Chavez Flocker product, which I found to be gooey and sticky. For me the product only kept my hair POOFED up for a short time, not all day.  The Calista product is less expensive than Chavez product if you wanted to try it. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I used the Calista Embellish years ago when it was fairly new and did not like it.  I have baby-fine hair and it weighed it down and made it greasy. Think it would work better on thicker hair?

Respected Contributor

I use this product and I like it. It fills out my thinning hair. One can lasts a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

Not to be negative, But I've tried all of the Calista products, and didn't like them. They're gummy, and heavy.

Esteemed Contributor

Wanted to wash it out as soon as possible.  Threw it away.  Sticky

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  - You should try it as you can always return it if it doesn't work out.  

Trusted Contributor

I have tried a few calista products and agree with the others--- you can find simliar products in other lines.  The fiber one, that you clap to thin out before working itno dry hair is a good product.  But agree with the person that said it can get gummy in the hair.

The host re-styles her hair to show the product.  OK.  My question is---if she loves it so much and thinks hair looks so great like that, why doesn't it look like that every show?  LOL.

I have been watching much less QVC these days.  I can't take the sales pitch anymore.  The desperation to order, one order of the year, supply chain, our phones are blowing up, the recap of how many sold.  Gag.  Do these people even hear themselves?  

And to the surprise of the dear hubs, no packages in 2 weeks! LOL