Valued Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:
Have yet to see anyone really happy with any Calista products. Have no clue why the Q continues to offer these sub standard products. Luckily, no one is forced to buy.

@brandiwine I am happy with my Calista Perfecter and Fauxblo. My Fauxblo is my favorite hair tool. I use the Perfecter when I want curls. Even though I've had little success with curls staying in with other brands, the curls stay all day when I use my Perfecter. There was a learning curve but once I figured out how to twist and spin the Perfecter, I love the results. I also give my hair a quick spray of hairspray before styling. I use the Fauxblo just about every day. It smooths and fixes any crazy, bedhead hair. I think both products do exactly what Maria claims, at least they do on my hair. For reference, I have blond highlighted hair, mid back length. Without the Fauxblo, I'd have a frizzy pompom on my head Smiley Very Happy So, there you have it, I am one who is really happy with my Calista products! 

Trusted Contributor

I have tried a few Calista items.  The mini round brush styler, a triangle shaped styler and the embellish cream.  I didn't return any of them, but I don't use them often. The round min styler is good for day 2 hair refreshing. 

They are not that different from any other tools or styling cream that I have bought from  other brands (aka Conair, Revlon).  Not terrible but somewhat over priced.  Also just to add a little snarkiness.  I don't care for her hair or the hair of any of the hosts that say they go to her salon.  

Honored Contributor

Considering she cuts Amy's hair, that says a lot to me.

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

...to me, when I see her using this, it looks like it does nothing.  Does anyone else have it and if so, is it any better than the Conair?

@Nonametoday  I had the opposite impression while watching the presentations. All the models looked greatly improved after styling. The ones with very curly hair were the most dramatic B/A.The model Cheryl looked great as did the others. The one who never seems to get it right, in my opinion, is Amy. She is just not very adept at working with her hair. Anyway, I ordered it and will find out for myself in a few days. Will let you know then what I think. BTW, I have the perfector and really like it for my chin length bob. I'm hoping the triangle one will add some much needed volume.

Respected Contributor

I bought one in June of 2021-for a higher price, too-and like it a lot! I have a chin-length, layered bob and use it to smooth my hair, with head flipped over, turn the ends under after I flip my hair back, get great volume. I also use it on my side layers to separate them out, and sweep them back a little. I've even curled with it.

I got the TSV yesterday, to have a backup, but my old one is still going strong!

Contributor

Has anyone had an issue with the longevity of the perfector?

I have had two.  Each time, after the warranty has expired, the

heating element does not go beyond the lowest setting.  I have wondered how many different spins one can put on a product

to sell it over and over again; now I think I know.  

Valued Contributor

@Daffney wrote:

Has anyone had an issue with the longevity of the perfector?

I have had two.  Each time, after the warranty has expired, the

heating element does not go beyond the lowest setting.  I have wondered how many different spins one can put on a product

to sell it over and over again; now I think I know.  

I haven't had any issues with my Perfector or FauxBlo and use them often, if not daily. I have duplicates of both just because they work on my hair and never want to be without them. I recently bought the FauxBlo TSV on 12/5/22 to replace my original FauxBlo (purchased during its very first airing). I dropped it on a marble floor. It still works but the power on/off sound isn't right, so I question what else might be damaged. I am sorry to read about your experience. I sure hope quality isn't being sacrificed for price. 

Honored Contributor

I love my Perfecter. Gets my hair looking good really fast. I use it each time I wash my hair.