Regular Contributor

Calista perfector, yay or nay?

Looks good, but only a 60 day warranty?? Does anyone have experience with these?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Calista perfector, yay or nay?

I went to the Calista facebook page, sooooooooo many negative comments about the quality of the perfector, quit working after a few months, teeth fell out of brush head, soo for me, a NO

Honored Contributor

I have it and I love it.Heart My hair is long and has a bit of a uneven wave to it. I like to use the Perfector to smooth it out and slightly curl the ends only. I have owned the 1-1/2 inch for a few years and never had a problem with it at all. I use it after each time I shampoo and dry my hair. Saves me a lot of time to get my hair looking great.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on your hair type too as to whether this will work for you and what you want it for.

I have thin, fine, poker straight hair.  When I tried to use the Perfector on my freshly washed and dried hair, it did absolutely nothing for me.  It didn't even put a bend in my hair.  It worked okay on second day hair that already had some bend/curl to it but needed to be de-frizzed a little or fixed a little.

My SIL has it and loves it but she has thick, course hair.  She uses it to  smooth her hair, tame frizzies and curl her hair. 

I posted in the TSV forum that the demos on this IMO are horribly misleading. They keep using the same models over and over who already have their hair done and they just run the Perfector through it.  They need to bring out a model with my hair type, with just washed and dried hair and use it.  I"m guessing they don't do that because it doesn't work well.

I ended up buying a round styling brush that dries at the same time.  That type of styler works on my hair. 

Respected Contributor

I have the original, in 2 sizes, long before the switch out versions! I use mine alot. I have a ton of fine wavy hair cut in many layers. Works for me! Slightly turned under, flipped out, bumped, smoothed and especially beach waved. Love mine. Works really well for 2nd day hair.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I am seriously thinking about this 'particular one` - - since I have never owned any other type ( I have nothing to compare with { vs } another brand), also, because my hair is longer than I have ever worn it, I am thinking this will save me a lot of time. Rollers has done very little for me, other than when in my 20s and had shorter hair~~smoothes it out..guess that would be 'MY' best description.

I am very particular how my hair behaves. BUT! Not a professional hair enthustiast-EVERYDAY, explaining that I find going to a hair salon very inconvenient. 

Does that sound like a doable plan?

"...I never wear my hair down, rather up (cute style), or down and to the side. I usually air dry with a small amount of mousse..- wait, then comb out. The heat from the Calista perfector will (as shown) give me more volume; I don't need the curls. Thinking about the 1inch..........all new to me"...!

Frequent Contributor

I have the original and I love it.  My hair is a little past my shoulders,  naturally wavy and thick.  This is great for taming  the waves, or curling.  I did notice the other day that it's missing a couple of teeth but it still works great.

It's the little things.
Honored Contributor

NAY ... I have no need for that sort of thing. 

I have short wavy hair.   Wash, air dry and spray some texturizer .... all done.

Esteemed Contributor

@sheilababe wrote:

I have the original and I love it.  My hair is a little past my shoulders,  naturally wavy and thick.  This is great for taming  the waves, or curling.  I did notice the other day that it's missing a couple of teeth but it still works great.

@sheilababe

Your hair is (it appears) a lot like mine, thick but can be whirly fine if no hairspray..past my shoulders. That was the word I was grappling for>>>TAMING.

What _size_ did you recommend? I have shorter hair on the very top and a bit shorter on each side which flareups > as a natural wave.

Frequent Contributor

It's a yay for me.  I use this every single day!  I have shorter, baby fine hair.  I wash my hair and add TRESemme 24 Hour Body Foaming Hair Mousse all over my hair and then dry it.  It's still pretty straight after I dry it.  I then use the Perfector to add finished volume (lift) and style to my hair, very much like they demonstrate in the video.  Taking small sections using the barrel all over my head.  Then I brush out the "curls" into place and spray the heck out of my hair with hairspray to hold it all day.  I have to use the Perfector or my hair would just look like limp strands of spaghetti!  Also, adding the hair mousse is a must for me.  I can't live without it.