Respected Contributor

Calista embellish and mally face defender going back.

No matter how little or how much I used  or how many times I clapped and went upward into the hair it did not look like on tv.  My short straight hair falls flat and looks greasy.  Mally says not to use powder so I got the face defender and it does stop shine but looks flat.  I tried to put it under or over powder or liquid foundation. I tried it on one side of my face and it bye bye powder on other side and there is no difference.   Both going back. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Calista embellish and mally face defender going back.

I liked Mally's face defender a lot years ago.  Got another one a few months ago and the quality is definitely not the same.   Probably my last Mally order as her items are not the same since her company was sold.

Trusted Contributor

That hair stuff that you clap your hands together looks like a total mess to me. There's not enought time in the day for me to try to get that to work.

Respected Contributor

The Embellish made my hair a greasy mess. My hair is baby fine though. Would probably work better on thicker hair.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

The Embellish made my hair a greasy mess. My hair is baby fine though. Would probably work better on thicker hair.

@KKJ  Hi!  I have thick hair, and this stuff's terrible.  I used it a few times using less and less each time, still made my hair feel verrrrrry tacky and it weighed down by the end of the day.  I stuck it in a drawer and forgot to send it back, now it's too late.  

Respected Contributor

Every now and then there is a thread asking "what is the best QVC product you've purchased" or "what is the worst....." and I always think of Embellish as The Worst by far.

It is a mess to use, gets everywhere in the bathroom, on clothes, etc.  After it is in the hair like they demonstrate my hair is sticky, dull, like cotton candy with a mud finishing paste, quite terrible.  And by the end of the day, flat and greasy, ugh.

I kept trying it different ways, used less and less, clapping a lot, hoping to get the effect Jill Bauer did.  Never did.  The worst thing was after a year or so I saw it again, ordered it, tried it, same result.  What was I thinking?????

Respected Contributor

@author wrote:

Every now and then there is a thread asking "what is the best QVC product you've purchased" or "what is the worst....." and I always think of Embellish as The Worst by far.

It is a mess to use, gets everywhere in the bathroom, on clothes, etc.  After it is in the hair like they demonstrate my hair is sticky, dull, like cotton candy with a mud finishing paste, quite terrible.  And by the end of the day, flat and greasy, ugh.

I kept trying it different ways, used less and less, clapping a lot, hoping to get the effect Jill Bauer did.  Never did.  The worst thing was after a year or so I saw it again, ordered it, tried it, same result.  What was I thinking?????

Omg I did the same thing.  I thought that they had reformulated it and it would work the second time.  Nope same old mess.

Respected Contributor

Never tried Mally Face Defender, but that Calista product is dreadful! I saw absolutely nothing good about my hair after trying it...used more, used less, nothing worked and my hair looked awful (and I have basically good, healthy hair).

Contributor

PLEASE BRING BACK CALISTA EMBELLISH TEXTURIZING DEFINER, ITS THE BEST EVER!!