Respected Contributor

Just recieved this yesterday.  Used once and liked it very much BUT it is extremely loud. I have never used any appliance this loud, not even a vaccum cleaner.  I would guess the decible level on this is dangerously loud. Is this normal?  Anyone else have this problem?  I plan to wear ear plugs next time I use it unless I decide to sent it back...

Honored Contributor

Oh no!  I ordered this but it is takiing forever to arrive and I can't cancel now.  If it is too noisy, it will be a return for me.  I  thought it would help me as I am doing my hair now since salon's are not open and don't know when they will reopen here.

Frequent Contributor

If I woud have been smart I would have returned mine while I had time but it is too late now. I thought it was terribly loud but didn't realize that it would affect my husband's sleep.  I get up much earlier than he does and although my bathroom door is shut and his bedroom door is shut he can stilll hear it and says it soulds like a loud lawn mower.    I have stopped using it because I am afraid it is not good for my hearing as I am eldlerly.

I can't believe they would promote something like this.   I won't even give it to Good Will because I don't want to make somebody ruin their hearing.

Esteemed Contributor

I've looked at the Calista Fauxblo and Styledryer Blowout Brushes here at QVC, but haven't ordered. I have a John Frieda Hot Air Brush and wondered if these would work better.  I don't think my John Frieda is very loud (compared to the noise of my hair dryer).  

Respected Contributor

Re: Calista blowout brush

[ Edited ]
I have the one by Revlon. I love how my natural curly, colored treated hair turns out when using it. But it has such a loud pitch sound that is horrible. I am afraid it is doing damage to my ears using it long term. I have posted a picture of it above
Respected Contributor

70229C15-3D95-47D6-A802-556551C73BE9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

You all should write to te company who sells this and complain. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl  - I would return the Calista product and buy another brand.  You shoudn't have to wear ear plugs.  I have Conair's volume brush and I've been pleased with it.  Revlon has one that has good reviews as well.

Conair

Conair Volume 2 in 1 Hot Air Brush with 1.5 inch Curling Brush & 1 inch Bristle Brush with Cool Tip, Size: 1.5\

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@bargainsgirl  - I would return the Calista product and buy another brand.  You shoudn't have to wear ear plugs.  I have Conair's volume brush and I've been pleased with it.  Revlon has one that has good reviews as well.

Conair

Conair Volume 2 in 1 Hot Air Brush with 1.5 inch Curling Brush & 1 inch Bristle Brush with Cool Tip, Size: 1.5\

@San Antonio Gal   This is the same one I have, as well. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC _ links to other retailers are not allowed.