Respected Contributor

Calista Triangle Reviews-What Do You Think?

[ Edited ]

I received mine yesterday.  Super fast shipping.  I tried it yesterday and then spent the afternoon trying to get it to work for me.  I have short hair and I'm guessing it is four or five inches long.  I wanted to like this product but all it did was make my hair stick straight and flat.  I watched the presentation video but it just didn't work for me or meet my expectations.  It may be it just isn't all that great for short hair.  I have the Perfecter and it is a much better option for me.  Needless to say, it's going back.

ETA:  I check the reviews this morning and they are horrible.  One thing I fail to mention is the fact this unit gets way to hot.  I started out at 370 and it was almost too hot to handle.  I turned it down to the lowest setting and it was still almost too hot to handle.  I think this product is seriously flawed.  I had issues with the Calista hair dryer as well.  Sometimes the most expensive isn't the best. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Calista Triangle Reviews-What Do You Think?

I noticed during the presentations, the models started with messy hair, used the Calista themselves and ended with the same messy hair.  I'm surprised they sold a single one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Glad I didn't bother with it. I thought about it because I love my other one. It's the one with the longer brush. I didn't think this one would do me any good. Couldn't really tell what it was doing to the models.

Honored Contributor

I received mine today and finished packing it up to return. My hair stuck straight up on top and I know how to work with hair tools. I love my Perfecter, but this Triangle tool is not going to work for me.

Respected Contributor

I think it’s not for me. It isn’t for shorter hair that’s for sure. I found it awkward to use. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Triangular hair tools must be the latest thing! Had my monthly color/cut this week and at 3 different stations the hairdressers were blow drying their clients with triangular brushes. I asked mine about them and she said they've all just recently gotten them and love using them.  They were using not triangular blower brush combos and not triangular heated brushes....just plain triangular shaped hair brushes used with conventional blow dryers. 

Frequent Contributor

After reading the above reviews I was ready to send mine back before I even tried it. I don’t like returning something I have used,  But, decided to go ahead and I liked it! I have short hair, and it wouldn’t work if you had a pixie cut, but my hair is long enough on top to grab the bristles. I do have thick hair with texture. Don’t think it would work on very fine, silky hair. Previous Calista brushes didn’t have enough heat to them, but this one did. I think I am going to enjoy using it. 

Valued Contributor

I WANTED TO LIKE IT!!!!!  but I don't. Mine is going back too. too bad because i tried the hair spray and i did like that.... but my old Perfecter is far better than this..... ugh...

It just burns me that they fail to tell the consumer that the models have some sort of holding solution that gives lift and volume. wish they would not be decitful and tell us what that is. ive asked a thousand times with no answers. no way does a comb that reaches 410 degrees be good for your hair........the settings are either too hot or too low..... this is a FLOP big time.

Esteemed Contributor

@ByrdieK wrote:

After reading the above reviews I was ready to send mine back before I even tried it. I don’t like returning something I have used,  But, decided to go ahead and I liked it! I have short hair, and it wouldn’t work if you had a pixie cut, but my hair is long enough on top to grab the bristles. I do have thick hair with texture. Don’t think it would work on very fine, silky hair. Previous Calista brushes didn’t have enough heat to them, but this one did. I think I am going to enjoy using it. 

I like mine, too, @ByrdieK .  I knew I would because I have the original and liked that one too.  The improvements are just that and so I am keeping mine.  I have curly, long hair and use it to straighten it.  

Mine was delivered very fast.  Maybe they are getting this shipping thing down.  Now if they would just not charge for shipping we would have a win, win shopping experience.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like mine a lot! It smoothed my crazy, frizzy, wavy hair easily and quickly- The spray held my hair on a super humid day too. I’m happy with it!  I think success may depend on the type of hair you have...