Trusted Contributor

What are your thoughts on the Calista TSV...the Airglide styler...do you think it really works....I know with beauty tools there is a learning curve..but with some the learning curve is just not worth it.  thanks so much

Respected Contributor

It looks like something I could use if it is not too cumbersome.  I don't know if I would have the patience to go over all my head.  I have a short bob and would like to add those long curls.  

Trusted Contributor

I love the waves...but I agree not sure I have the patience.  or arm strength.  But I do love how it looks after....

Honored Contributor
I can do just fine with my blow dryer and assortment of brushes.
Honored Contributor

Re: Calista TSV

[ Edited ]

I've tried a few of her hair styling tools as well that one mist-like spray to get volumn in my hair. None of her items worked for me. Returned them all, never again no matter what she offers.

This woman is here so often, how many hair tools can a person have, try, use, in the hopes something will work.  I do not know.  Leaving her stuff at the salon.

Respected Contributor

You can get the same results for less money ....found one at kohl's on sale for 27.00....made by Conair 

Respected Contributor

I have bought so many of her products and have to say that every single one of her appliances have gone back. So now if she comes on the air I change the station, I'm embarrassed to purchase and return any move of them.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@ruthbe  I had The Perfector years ago...back it went. The TSV seems to have the heat settings where you'd hold it on the handle. Unless there's a "lock button", I stay away.. I had that issue with a blow dryer and it'd heat up or drop the temp. I always look now for placement of where the settings are placed.

QVC must own the brand by now....She's the Susan Graver of hair tools.

Honored Contributor

I must be the minority here, but I have two of her beauty tools and love both of them.  I have had one for almost 5 years and it's still going strong.  

Regular Contributor

Omg I am so tired of Maria making it sound like her hair tools are new to the marketplace.  Her version might be new to her line but I had a version of the perfector long before hers was aired.  I have a hair tool similar to her TSV.  Do your homework before you invest; you will be happy you did.