Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calista Perfector or Curling Iron

[ Edited ]

I have both the perfector and a curling iron. I've had the perfector for so long I don't remember what size the barrel is. My curling iron is just like my perfector, a barrel & teeth, not the kind of curling iron that a solid piece lifts up then goes down once the hair is wrapped around it, if they even make that kind anymore.  My curling iron has a much smaller barrel than my perfector therefore I use that on the back of my hair where it's much shorter than the top especially right after a cut. What I don't like about my curling iron is that the barrel is metal so I have to be careful around my ears cause it'll burn. Bottom line, both work well for what I use them for which is to smooth out bed head in the morning or to smooth out "I've been out in high humidity hair". I like the perfector so much that I think I'm going to go see if I can find my order still listed after all this time and perhaps get another one with a smaller barrel.

Just went and looked, my orders go back through 2015 and it's not there so have had that perfector for a very long time which speaks to the quality of it.

Frequent Contributor

Hi, @granddi. I, too, have very fine, straight hair. I used a curling iron for many years. I tried the Perfector, but it didn't give me the lift I need. I use the Instyler (not available at QVC ) and am ver happy with the results. This has replaced my curling iron.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find that a curling iron does a much better job for curling my hair over the perfector) I have both).   I use my perfector when I want to smooth and straighten my hair.  My curling iron and hot curlers for more body and curl.

Respected Contributor

Perfector is ovpriced and isn't all that great.  There are some really nice tools available at much better prices.

Honored Contributor

I have thin, fine, poker straight hair and the Perfector does nothing for me.  It doesn't put curl in my hair.  It barely puts any bend to my hair.  The only thing it does is help get rid of the frizzy ends on my second day hair.

The presentations of this product really bug me.  Every model that is on there comes out with already done hair and Maria just runs the perfector through it.  I'd like her to take someone with freshly washed hair that is thin, fine and poker straight and do something with this Perfector. 

I don't use a curling iron though either.  I use a flat iron to put some curl and bend in my hair.