Frequent Contributor

Calista Perfecter Total Solutions Mist

I just received this and it doesn't seem to do much. Has anyone else used this product? Not sure if it's not a good value or if I just don't get it.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Calista Perfecter Total Solutions Mist

I just received mine. Tried it quickly on my hair, let it dry and used the perfecter to see what would happen.  I have very thick, coarse hair that has a really strong wave in front.  My hair is short but I'm trying to let it grow a bit. Because it is so thick and heavy I needed something to help keep it from going flat. Tried Nick Chavez's Thirst Quencher and Flocker they were pushing last month. Used it several times as directed....a very little bit of the Flocker...and it did nothing but make my hair feel dirty.

I wanted something that prevented my heavy hair from going flat without making it feel dirty. Spraying this tonight  in my dry hair that was washed yesterday gave me nice result. It feels so clean and still soft (I use Wen CC) but with body . I'll wash it tomorrow and try spraying on my wet hair after washing and using my Wen leave ins to see how my hair handles.

i don't know if this helped you at all. I noticed no one else had answered so thought I'd respond. I hate, hate, hate the feeling of product in my hair giving that gummy dirty feel so  have kept my hair short and allowed it to air dry. I like having another option by letting my hair grow out a bit.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  It was helpful to hear your experience.  Since I sent the original quesiton I have had some time to play with the product and I like it.  I have fine hair and it does not weight it down.  You are right about it not leaving your hair feel dirty or greasy or heavy.  Thanks again for the reply.

Respected Contributor

i use redken's hot sets 22 and really like that, when i use the prefecter. i think ulta has small travel cans for a few dollars.

Esteemed Contributor

I have thin, fine hair and have TWO Perfector's, 3/4" and 1". My hair is totally resistant to curl, even with the Perfector. Without product, I can curl it an it looks beautiful, but is almost gone before I leave the house. I use Calista Tools, Jose Eber products on mine during the curling and after curling. It's the only way I can have curl.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.  I have since had time to play with the product and I really like it.  I have fine hair that is cut in a long bob style.  This spray really holds my hair.  I do have to reapply during the day, but my 2nd day hair looks fantastic.  I will be ordering more of this product.  A word of caution, hold the bottle at least 12 inches from your head when you spray so you get a fine mist.  Then if you need more you can reapply.  Because it is not an aeresol, its easy to get your hair too wet if you hold the bottle too close to your hair.