Honored Contributor

~*Calista Hot Rollers...anyone own and what are your impressions?*~

I have collar bone length hair and am in need of a new set of hot rollers. Would appreciate any feed back. TIA!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~*Calista Hot Rollers...anyone own and what are your impressions?*~

Hi croemer I have been on the fence about these rollers for a very long time. I will be interested to see the replies. They are tempting aren't they?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I bought them and returned them. I have short hair and they made my fine hair more soft. They also felt very hot on my head like they were burning my scalp. I am sure they work fine for longer hair.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/26/2014 conlt said: I bought them and returned them. I have short hair and they made my fine hair more soft. They also felt very hot on my head like they were burning my scalp. I am sure they work fine for longer hair.

conlt are the individual rollers heavy? Some sets, the rollers are so heavy they wont stay in my hair.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I can give you my review. I bought both the long rollers and the short ones. I had long hair a year ago, and wanted my hair to have curl. Bought the long rollers with high hopes...ended up Hating the long rollers! They made my hair have a horrible very tight curl. I never did get them to work, ended up using my old regular hot curlers. As far as the short rollers, I bought them when I cut my long hair to shoulder length. They never did make my hair look good, and I ended up using my regular conair hot rollers again. Now I have a REALLY short hair style, do not need hot curlers at all and I have a drawerful of all these dreadful curlers and two bases. Smiley Sad Yes, they also BURNED my scalp!
Honored Contributor

Hmm...hope others chime in. I use Conair hot rollers I got at Ulta about 10 years ago and have just been intrigued by the Calista rollers. I wonder if there is a learning curve as well.

Thanks ladies for your reviews!

Hey betteb...

Contributor

Hi! I've had these for about 3 weeks. I have naturally wavy mid-back length hair. I'm Italian..so my hair is thick, not fine. I was interested in the long rollers because WHAT A GREAT IDEA! They do heat up well & fast! I use them as shown on air & wrap my hair around & around then tuck in the end & wind it to the scalp. They do get tangled sometimes, as with any curler.. They do not burn my head, hot to the hand if you hold the center too long. But edges are cool. I feel as though I'm rambling... I've left them in for 2 minutes & 20minutes. Either anount of time; Curls are bouncy & last.. Without hairspray, my hair is still beach wavy at 10pm from a 7am set. Worth $100? Egh. Worth $20 a month for 5 months? Yep. Keeping them. Hope this ramble helps & I'll answer specific questions if it didn't. Dawn.
Esteemed Contributor

Well girl, now you have me searching for hot rollers{#emotions_dlg.w00t}, but look what I found

http://www.folica.com/tools/hot-rollers-and-hair-setters/babyliss-pro-nano-titanium-30-roller-hairse...

The code BESTOFFER gets 25% off and free shipping over $49.

What do you think?

Respected Contributor

I bought this set and returned it. I had the long rollers and it didn't hold the curl at all. Maybe 1 hour. I've had great success with using s flat iron to curl my hair the curl stays in for days. I give up on rollers totally!!

Honored Contributor

On 4/26/2014 betteb said:

Well girl, now you have me searching for hot rollers{#emotions_dlg.w00t}, but look what I found

http://www.folica.com/tools/hot-rollers-and-hair-setters/babyliss-pro-nano-titanium-30-roller-hairse...

The code BESTOFFER gets 25% off and free shipping over $49.

What do you think?

Hmmm...very mixed reviews betteb?

I read a few reviews and they said the rollers are slick...I worry with my fine hair the rollers might slip out. What do you think?