Valued Contributor

I have a similar tool like this pretty much the same, this may be an updated version I bought mine about a year ago....does nothing like they are showing on TV.....actually I don't think it is doing anything for Shawn hair either...looks messy to me..IMO

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I think this is Basically the same final effect as the Perfector, except with this, you need to use a glove, not ideal...  Pass.

Respected Contributor

I have her perfector tool and loved it so much that I reordered when the first one stopped working. The only thing I extremely dislike about it is the heat part doesn't come off so can't be washed; there is no easy way to keep it clean if you use any styling products on your hair. When I wrote them about the issue, I was told to just clean it with a q-tip after each use, not really a viable option for me as it would just take too long to go through all those rows of teeth. I won't repurchase when my current one dies but will search out a different brand. I wouldn't buy any tool where I would have to use a glove to style my hair. If it gets too hot for my hands, I don't want it on my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

The bristle's on the new iteration also look like the could cause excessive damage to the hair shaft. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just do not care for these kinds of tools because you have to stand there and do little sections at a time. Plus, with stiff bristles, it has to be damaging to your hair.

For some reason, they think we'll be enticed by the pretty colors. This is an easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

I have a drawer with Calista tools in it that are never used and never did what you see on the presentations.  Am thinking of either donating or tossing cuz I never use them anyway.

Honored Contributor

There's a 1.5" tool on Amazon that looks like the exact design for $43.99. 

Respected Contributor

I have the original and the only thing different is I think there are bristles on this one. Mine has plastic teeth.

I love it. I have trouble blow drying my hair because of arthritis. I love the faux blow but I don't use it for volume. I use it more like a flat iron.

The original only came with one size barrel. I don't know what it is but it really works for me.

Seems like Calista changes one thing and reinvents it for sale.

Her hairstyle is not a selling point. I'm surprised.

Respected Contributor

Easy pass.  I already have 2 Perfectors in 2 sizes.  These seem to be the same idea only with bristles.  Do not like the idea of only 1 heat setting.  I always use the lowest setting on all the tools.