Respected Contributor

Calista FauxBlo thermal brush yes or no?

[ Edited ]

Watching the video it looks pretty good but how different is infra-red from the Calista round hair tool I already have?

Anyone interested in this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Calista FauxBlo thermal brush yes or no?

Yes, I have the original and I did think is this just the same thing re-done with some new bells and whistles that are just for show?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Infrared will heat the hair shaft from the inside out. Imo, this can do more damage to hair by creating positive ions from the extreme heat...you don't want those. Positive ions have a bad effect on the hair cuticle and will make hair look dry and frizzy in the long run. 

Ceramic and ionic heat produces negative ions which help smooth the hair cuticle. When the cuticle is smoothed then it is less likely to get heat damage. Think of kindling for a fire...that would be sort of like the cuticle on a hair shaft. It's thin, dry and can catch fire easily, so to speak.

Stages of hair damage under the microscope:

HairShaft_sml.jpg

New Contributor

I bought it and I love it! Finally a device that my hair doesn't get stuck in and actually does some curling and giving body to my hair which is straight! It's quick and easy. I get so many compliments on my hair. I have a should length layered bob.No frizzees either just smooth hair with lots of body. 

Respected Contributor

Loved mine but sadly sending mine back.  I have 2 burn marks on my forehead that are very painful so while I really liked the brush I am returning it.  😢

Valued Contributor

I love it.  Heats up so fast and I use it to smooth my hair.  Even after I use a hairdryer I tend to have little frizzies on my hair.  The FauxBlo gets rid of them.   You do need to be careful with it since it is very hot.  But having the glove helps.

Super Contributor

Omg you have burns on your forehead ! i hope you are ok and you dont end up with scars . Use some Palmers cream for scars to be safe. I am very surprised at how many iterations of the same iron,dryer,styler that she keeps coming up with but i guess if she is basically the chosen qvc stylist then the products sell and the prices are the least expensive compared to the Dyson dryer . How many curling irons does a oerson realky need though ?
Super Contributor

Person
Respected Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

I love it.  Heats up so fast and I use it to smooth my hair.  Even after I use a hairdryer I tend to have little frizzies on my hair.  The FauxBlo gets rid of them.   You do need to be careful with it since it is very hot.  But having the glove helps.

The glove helped my hand but not my forehead.  I have every conceivable heating tool and have never burned my head except with the FauxBlo.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grace6663582 wrote:
Omg you have burns on your forehead ! i hope you are ok and you dont end up with scars . Use some Palmers cream for scars to be safe. I am very surprised at how many iterations of the same iron,dryer,styler that she keeps coming up with but i guess if she is basically the chosen qvc stylist then the products sell and the prices are the least expensive compared to the Dyson dryer . How many curling irons does a oerson realky need though ?

Her Perfecter never burned me because the bristles are hard plastic but the FauxBlo has nylon and they bend so I guess I pressed them into my forehead.  Using Copper P and Aloe for the burns.