Esteemed Contributor

Calista Embellish Finishing Spray presentation today 1/28

I watched a presentation with Amy today, and I think the embellish is being applied after the hair was styled/blown dry.

What do you think?

I don't see how the hair spray can create those hair styles without hot tool styling.  Nothing was said in the video I saw.  https://www.qvc.com/Calista-Embellish-Finishing-Spray-Duo-Auto-Delivery.product.A378532.html?sc=IROA

Thinking about getting the product anyway.

I think I bought it once and tried styling the way they showed on naturally dried hair, and hair blown straight, and it did nothing for me.

All answers welcome.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calista Embellish Finishing Spray presentation today 1/28

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I watched a presentation with Amy today, and I think the embellish is being applied after the hair was styled/blown dry.

What do you think?

I don't see how the hair spray can create those hair styles without hot tool styling.  Nothing was said in the video I saw.  https://www.qvc.com/Calista-Embellish-Finishing-Spray-Duo-Auto-Delivery.product.A378532.html?sc=IROA

Thinking about getting the product anyway.

I think I bought it once and tried styling the way they showed on naturally dried hair, and hair blown straight, and it did nothing for me.

All answers welcome.

I found when i used my own hair volume product...after drying my hair and styling it with the mini curling iron

the hair was getting stuck in the ceramic bristles..... i would think it would be similar with a hot styling brush

Honored Contributor

I bought this spray last summer after a presentation where Maria claimed it was a styling spray.  It wouldn't hold my very short hair in place for 5 minutes.  This presentation is the biggest ripoff on QVC.  She ought to get an award.  She flat lies about the effectiveness of this product.

Even as an ordinary hair spray this stuff is worthless and the worst hair spray I've ever used.  You'd do better at the Dollar Store.

I'd never buy another of any of her products.  Who knows what else she's lying about?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have used the Calista Complete before; I could not get my brush through my hair after using it...it holds...but is sticky and leaves residue on your hair. My stylist had to shampoo my hair twice to get it all out before she could comb through my hair for a cut.

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I found when i used my own hair volume product...after drying my hair and styling it with the mini curling iron

the hair was getting stuck in the ceramic bristles..... i would think it would be similar with a hot styling brush

@kelsey17 my impression is that the hair is styled first and the Embellish spray is applied to previously styled hair that has been brushed down, then re-fluffed up by hand with the hair spray.  That is what I was asking about.  I was not suggesting that hot tools were being used after the hair spray.

I seem to remember seeing that done a while back, I think in Nick Chavez presentations.  They would brush the styled hair down, then revive it with hand applied product.

So I was asking whether people thought the hair was styled first.

I haven't watched these presentations in years.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I purchased this a few years ago. I agree it is a waste of money. My hair felt sticky and dirty. It wasn't a styling spray or hairspray...It went back after several tries.

Esteemed Contributor

Tried this, too, and it promptly went back! I don't use any sprays or gels in my hair. But this was the worst I ever did try.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  -  I've never tried the product, but you can always return if it doesn't work for you.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two products that are similar.  same result for a lot less money.

One is Garnier Texture Tease, the other is Loreal Boost It.  

Both work great - I get them from Amazon .... subscribe and save.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I look at Maria's hair and figure her products don't really work because her hair always looks flat no bounce or volume.