Respected Contributor

Re: Calista - Embellish Definer

@Kachina624 wrote:

@happilyretiredgirl    You're A smarter consumer than I.  I've been doing a private rant about this product for a week.

I watched Maria McCool do a presentation on a model who quickly disappeared.  Maria clearly and deceptively presented it as a styling product,which it's not.  Its just an ordinary mediocre hair spray.

I did the tousle effect on my hair which is thick, wavy and very short.  The effect didn't last 10 minutes.  As a hair spray, it holds poorly; doesn't make hair stiff at all and doesn't give it any body.  By the way, I live in a very dry climate so humidity wasn't involved.

I'm going to send this back simply because Maria lied about it and shouldn't get away with her sales pitch.  I'll never buy another of her products.  Suggest you avoid it.

@TamaraLynn   @1Snickers   @BunSnoop 

you mentioned you have thick, wavy hair, and i'm wondering what you use as hair spray that has hold? i have to deal with humidity, too.  So tired of droopy hair an hour after i style it.  thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr , I know you addressed this question to Kachina624, but I just wanted to mention that on this site Kenra Volume Spray-25 was highly recommended. I have very thick hair and we have lots of humidity here.  My hair style is similar to Carolyn Gracie's.  I LOVE Kenra, the spray really holds my hair beautifully and works even when the humidity is very high.  I am very happy to say that I do receive quite a few compliments about my hair.  My stylist will even say "I don't know why you're here today for a cut, as your hair looks really nice"!  

Trusted Contributor

I have tried a lot of calista products, and sent them all back. I should have watched more closely. I agree, her hair never looks good, and it usually falls very fast after showing product. I'd rather pay more and buy better items.

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

you mentioned you have thick, wavy hair, and i'm wondering what you use as hair spray that has hold? i have to deal with humidity, too.  So tired of droopy hair an hour after i style it.  thanks!

@10sluvr    I don't normally use any hair spray.  I shampoo, towel dry, push it into shape and go.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd  Just this past weekend I purchased the Revlon styler dryer at BB & B. I read a lot of reviews and decided not to get the one on sale. Mine was $57. It is the one with the detachable brush. The reviews say that it is a little smaller brush

at 2.4 " and that the handle is a little smaller. I'm waiting for it to arrive.

With a sore shoulder, I think that it will be easier to handle than the round brush and my T3 dryer.

Back in the 70's when styles first became wash and blow dry, I had a 2 in 1 dryer brush. I loved it, it died and I never found another one. So, I did what hairdressers did; brush and dryer.

In recent years, with shoulder problems, I wanted a 2 in 1.

But, many reviews said that they were too heavy and get too hot.

One tip that I read was to first let hair air dry somewhat, before using the dryer. You can use the lower heat setting and

your hair is exposed to heat for a shorter time.

I hope that this Revlon dryer brush works well.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@1Snickers   Which Revlon blower styler did you purchase.  There are a couple of models and even though I really like my T3, I would like to style it with the blower instead of spending the time with a large round brush and the dryer.  Sounds like you are pleased with the Revlon....thanks for any suggestions.

@1Snickers wrote:

I bought the Revlon blower styler instead and even though it's large it does a good blowout. 
          💇‍♀️ 💆‍♀️ 🙍‍♀️

@phoenixbrd  The Revlon dryer I got is the Salon one-step hair dryer and volumizer. Model RVDR5222.

It says New and improved on the red box. 
I got mine from Bath & Beyond on sale. 
  My hair is shorter now I just cut it last night and used the blower, took about 5 minutes on high and switching to cool at the end.  My old one is Calista, small barrel and tangles, this one doesn't. 
           💇‍♀️ 😍 

Respected Contributor

i have and try to use the Kendra 25. My frustration is that it clogs everytime i use it. As a rebel move, i went back to Aqua net. that never seems to clog. LOL

Super Contributor

I have tried to use the Kenra 25 also and it does the same thing. Clogs up. So I've gone to the Kenra 13, light hold. Works fine.