Respected Contributor

Caking with Celebreation Foundation SPF50

Trying to debate to keep or send back the TSV.  I LOVE the concealer and I "like" the blush but I have so many other blushes.

Hate the broner, prefer my Laura Geller for Bronzer and Highlighting.

Celebreation I put on light since I don't want harsh coverage, it cakes on my chin and forehead and forget touch ups, it make the issue worse.

Can't see keeping it basically for the concealer and I for sure can't see myself bringing that square thing in my puse for touch ups (that's just me)

Does anyone else get caking?

Super Contributor

Re: Caking with Celebreation Foundation SPF50

Hi Sandgirl. What do you have on your skin before you use the powder foundation? I am really liking it, especially the added SPF. As for the finishing powder, I suggest putting it on a retractable brush and putting that in your purse. You can touch up and leave the mega palette at home. Not trying to talk you into keeping it. Just seeing if I can help you make the products more useable for you. ~smiles, SnowKita
Respected Contributor

Just my serums and moist. let it sit about 10min b4 applying the powder....

Respected Contributor

It may need longer before it is absorbed into your skin. I like to sit in front of a fan to help my foundation dry, so trying that while you sip your coffee may help!
Respected Contributor

oh how I wish I had time in my morning to do that, 10min is even pushing it, I'm up, in the shower, blow dry, curl hair, slap on makeup, out the door and at work by 5:30am!  Can't give it more than 10min, if I have to give it more time than its not the makup for me.

Respected Contributor

You might consider the addition of a small fan to your makeup area so while you wait your 10 minutes, you can have the fan blowing on it to dry it better, unless you are like me and tend to do things while that is drying. I brush my teeth, so I can sit in front of the fan, plus it encourages me to brush my teeth for the fuller 2 minutes "they" say is required.
Trusted Contributor

I,too, have caking in the nose area. It's bad, it makes my skin peel off. I quit using it for that reason.
Honored Contributor

lol before I saw the rest of the title, I thought you were referring to a celebration cake, like the kind you eat! oops! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It appears on first glance that Dawnie and HappyDaze seem to have similar problems with caking, but then I realize that it is different caking! HAHA!
Super Contributor

At first it seemed as if the powder was caking on my chin also and one area of my cheek. I was so dissapointed, but............then I got out my rosewater and sprtized my face....it all evened out and my skin looked flawless. You might try that?