Respected Contributor

Re: Caj Beuty IQ Steal.... Flip and Bend .... Opinions?

@cactusjack  .... Thank you!

Valued Contributor

You’re welcome. Another tip... titanium plates seems to get hotter then the ceramic that I’ve bee used to in the past, so start with a lower setting at first to see how your hair responds so as not to damage or at least over dry your hair. I also use a heat protectant spray from Tressemé from drug store and this helps so much along with this seems to add body to my hair so I get more volume. These plates also do not do well gliding through hair spray or anything tacky so I try not to use it after any other kinds of products that won’t brush out easily. I’ve had to wipe my plates (after it’s cooled) with a slight amount of windex on a paper towel to cut the tackiness off the plates. Hope if you choose th purchase this you enjoy using it as much as I have Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ItsME @cactusjack I went ahead and pulled the trigger.  No way to know for sure until I try it.  I tried my flat iron again and since it has only one heat setting (hot!) and is not designed for a beach wave, I really can't use it that way without a lot of frustration.  I'm hopeful this will give me a sleek look that isn't board-straight like my flat iron.  Will post again once I've given it a try.  

Valued Contributor

Msshopper, hope you enjoy it. Remember to keep the teeth in the top position when pulling the hair through... I also pulled the trigger and bought myself a spare today while the price is back at the TSV price. 

Contributor

I was on the fence about getting the Caj iron. I must have 5 curling irons and was trying to see a reason it would do something different than a curling iron, and I couldn't, so didn't end up getting it. I didn't want to spend $10 just to try it, if I ended up sending it back.

Honored Contributor

I bought the CAJ when it was the TSV and really love it!! I have very short, thin , straight hair and it manages to acutally bend it into kind of a curve for me. Will never be blessed with long flowing locks but it works really well. There is a bit of a learning curve. I need a lot of product to make my hair do anything and it doesn;t seem to get coated with the stuff. 

Respected Contributor

@CaitlynB .... That's a big consideration for me as well, and it's one reason I place very few orders.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl  Thanks for sharing your experience!  I'm glad it works so well for you!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone with shoulder length hair use this? Does it catch in your hair even if you brush it first?

I had bought one with the first TSV, used it once and returned it.  I think I might have jumped the gun and may want to try it again. I read on one of the Caj posts that titanium runs hot so to lower the temperature which might have been my problem. 

Anyone with longer hair use This?

thank you.  

Respected Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

Hi Ladies!  This looks interesting to me, but I'd like to hear what you all think about it, if you have it.  I have fine, curly, frizzy, dry hair.  It's layered, between chin and shoulder length.  

My hair is pretty fragile, so I'm careful about what I use, and am concerned that the titanium could be damaging.  i would use it on the lowest heat settings.  I have an older Instyler that I love for straightening, and a curling wand that just doesn't work (for more controlled curls, and less frizz).  If I got this, it would be for volume at the crown and soft curls.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?