Respected Contributor

Caj Beuty IQ Steal.... Flip and Bend .... Opinions?

Hi Ladies!  This looks interesting to me, but I'd like to hear what you all think about it, if you have it.  I have fine, curly, frizzy, dry hair.  It's layered, between chin and shoulder length.  

My hair is pretty fragile, so I'm careful about what I use, and am concerned that the titanium could be damaging.  i would use it on the lowest heat settings.  I have an older Instyler that I love for straightening, and a curling wand that just doesn't work (for more controlled curls, and less frizz).  If I got this, it would be for volume at the crown and soft curls.

Thanks in advance!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Caj Beuty IQ Steal.... Flip and Bend .... Opinions?

I think this is one of the best purchases I've ever made, and especially from the Q (20+ years).  Use it every day to straighten my chin length bob and it is great for adding height to the crown. While I am good with styling my hair, I have not really been successful with a variety of flat irons.  This one is the exception and the teeth make all the difference. I was also concerned about potentially damaging my hair, but that has not been a problem at all, no breakage and very little pulling.  When it does pull, it is due to the buildup of hair spray.  For reference, my hair is chin length, thick and colored.  Love this tool and hope it works well for you too.

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Cindersmck5!  I appreciate the reply, and am glad you've found something that works so well for you.  Great testimonial if it's that high on the list of products you've bought here.

Trusted Contributor

I'm interested in this too.  I have a Chi flat iron and though they are supposed to bend and curl hair, I've never had success using it in any way other that flat iron.  I don't like to have too many gadgets though...is this really worth it?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had it - sent it back. I didn’t find it as good at straightening my hair as my Chi and could not get it to curl at all even though I have curly hair.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Valstybaby  Thank you for sharing your experiences!  That sounds like my Hot Tools curling iron.... Doesn't curl my curly hair!  I don't know if it's because I use it at a lower heat setting, or what.  But, I can't use too much heat on my fine hair, or it will be damaged, and I don't want to use heat on my hair unless I'm getting results.

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022  I don't think we're going to get as many reviews as I'd hoped!  Oh well.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this iron! Ive had many flat irons in my lifetime. Usually T3 or Chi. brands. I don’t use the lesser, inexpensive brands because I’m afraid it’ll damage my hair. Of all the ones I’ve owned , this  Caj Beauty one is my favorite. Between the bevel on the iron and especially the teeth ( which I believe is the secret ) of this styling tool gives me the best volume to my hair, especially in the crown where I want it. My hair ir short so it’s easy to style. My hair is normal to thick so I use the middle heat setting but it lowers to accommodate finer, more delicate hair types. I’m thinking about buying another, as a spare, just in case when this ones dies... it’s hard to find a beveled iron, much less one with teeth. 

Respected Contributor

@cactusjack Thank you!  It's the curve that really caught my eye.  But the teeth would also be a benefit, as long as the hair doesn't catch in them.

Valued Contributor

ItsME, be sure to have the teeth “up” when styling. When you’re pulling your hair through the teeth should be on top... that’s the secret to perfect pull through of your hair. As far as the hair catching, I’ve never had that problem with this tool. I have had that problem with other, traditional smooth flat irons that aren’t beveled or have the teeth. My hair would catch on the very end of the plate area and would even pull out of my head, Ouch!!