Regular Contributor

CVS pledges to remove harmful chemicals from store brand beauty products

Sure happy to hear this. I love natural products. I use Tula for moisturizer, FAB for cleanser and FABin the jar for my feet all of which I get from QVC.. They were so dry and cracked I started putting it on and in 3 days they were like baby feet!

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/cvs-pledges-to-remove-harmful-chemicals-from-store-brand-beauty...

Honored Contributor

Re: CVS pledges to remove harmful chemicals from store brand beauty products

@Stardust2 I can't figure out what FAB is?I am happy to hear about the removal of harmful products from shelves...if we can stop producing some chemicals the environment will be a little cleaner and people could be healthier.

Honored Contributor

I had to look up FAB also!! First Aid Beauty. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I give them credit for trying, but they'll likely have nothing on their shelves. I've been heavily involved in the "natural beauty/body care" industry since 2005...most of what is out there is just marketing, but still has junk in it, labeled "natural". Even a lot of the organic stuff is garbage.

There are a few good companies, but everyone else sells them too, and many can only be purchased through the same 2 distributors....

Honored Contributor

This appears to be their home brand so...more power to them. If they are successful, great. As long as they offer all the other brands they now carry, they'll do well.

Honored Contributor

Excellent marketing ploy. They want to broaden their base by removing "chemicals of consumer concern."

This simply means that they are jumping on the bandwagon of companies that are removing ingredients that people are worried about -- it doesn't mean that there is anything necessarily wrong with said ingredients.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with you @suzyQ3. There is so much fear mongering that It's almost impossible for the consumer to determine whether something is true, a grain of truth blown completely out of proportion or totally wrong. Even if it's totally (insert negative word of choice here), I'm sure many companies will choose to remove safe ingredients rather than continually try to educate people who have no scientific background and are unwilling to listen. Actually it's even a bit scary...even if the replacement ingredients are equally effective, will they be any safer? Or will we simply end up with products that are less effective with an ever changing list of potentially more dangerous ingredients?

Honored Contributor

CVS is desperate for business in my area.  First no cigarettes to get all the non smokers business, if possible.  Now this.  I'm not buying it.  Their prices are higher than Walgreens!  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength