Honored Contributor

Re: CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARDS

[ Edited ]

By the looks of things on the 'winners' list, it seems like the same voters must have voted again this year and last year...and the year before that...same ol' same ol'. I shouldn't complain because I didn't vote.

Honored Contributor

P.S.  I am so sick of philosophy.  Their products are not that good.  Shower gels are loaded with sulfates to dry the skin and women are buying the jumbo size lotion and shower gels for $80 + dollars.  It probably cost them $2 to make the shower gel and $5 forthe lotion.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I voted when they posted the link her on the website, but I recall there were some categories where I hadn't even tried the products, so I didn't vote.  It seems like it's just for hype since people are able to vote for products they've never purchased and can vote more than once.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

I have to totally agree.  I realize that people vote but the winners were so predictable.  Do people really try all of the products in the category or vote based on what is shown on QVC most often?

I voted once and I only voted for the categories in which I had used a product.  No I hadn't used all the products in the category but if I had used one and loved it, I voted for it.

But for example I never voted for best shampoo because I had never used any of them that were up for the award.  It looks like the most widely shown products is what wins.  

@Lipstickdiva  Agree.  I did the very same thing.  I only voted in categories where I had tried at least one or two of the items.  If I really liked what I tried and am still using it, then it got my vote.  If I hadn't tried anything in the category,  I skipped it rather than just vote for the product line that I use more of.   I'm somewhat surprised that Philosophy is still getting all the awards they are since the brand tanked when it was sold...  IMO.  I guess either most people didn't see the change, or...   the votes were directed to those product lines that make QVC the biggest bucks.  I have no idea. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Who voted for the winners? I saw the winners and just seemed like another “Beauty We Love” or “Shawn’s Beauty    Secrets”. 

I always think of better primers, concealers than the winners. 

That's because it's limited to QVC products chosen by QVC.

I voted.I've voted for many years.

The problem isn't the voting, it's the nominating. Very few of the things I actually use were nominated. And even when something I use is on the list, it's limited to QVC brands, so maybe there's a thing I use, but it's my third choice overall because my first and second choices are not sold on QVC.

It's rigged by the nominations process before we even get to vote.

Contributor

I was shocked that Amazing Grace won. I keep seeing tons of reviews saying how it is not the same as it used to be and they no longer wore it. 

Honored Contributor

So boring and predictable. I wonder how many of those who voted have actually tried all of the products or are just voting for the ones that have been around forever. 

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

That's because it's limited to QVC products chosen by QVC.

I voted.I've voted for many years.

The problem isn't the voting, it's the nominating. Very few of the things I actually use were nominated. And even when something I use is on the list, it's limited to QVC brands, so maybe there's a thing I use, but it's my third choice overall because my first and second choices are not sold on QVC.

It's rigged by the nominations process before we even get to vote.

I felt the same way. I voted too and was completely underwhelmed by almost all the choices. I chose the best items out of what was there, based on what I knew. But I could not have said any of them were my favorites. Yet the survey treats the responses as if I said they were my actual favorites.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Wouldn’t you expect the % of voters for each winner to be announced to keep it honest? 

Contributor

agree, I was dissapointed with many of the awards.