Honored Contributor
My curls have been getting more difficult to style since I started using WEN. The Styling Cream has silicones in it that are not water soluble & coat the hair...especially bad for for curly hair since moisture that it needs to curl can't penetrate. I'm still using WEN CC, but now use Devacurl conditioner & gel afterwards. They are sulfate & silicone free.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shanus. My curls love silicones for the other side of the coin: they retain moisture.

Prior to Wen, the few silicone free products that I used, I added silicones to them. That gave me great results.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor

Try mixing Wen oil with a pump of cleansing conditioner and leave it on the bottom half of your hair after cleansing. Made a huge difference for me! I cannot use the styling creams, either.

Regular Contributor

I'm a 57 year old curly girl & WEN is the reason why I wear my hair down and not pulled back 90% of the time like I used to prior to 2007.

My hair loves the styling creme- mainly 613 or SHP. I have a mix of 3A & 3B curl patterns. I think everyone is different. I know nothing about cones or whatever. All I know is that WEN is my curly hair's best friend.

Trusted Contributor

Super Contributor

My 3b curls respond really well to Wen,especially when I used the CC as a leave in!! The definition my curls have is crazy from it but I also have other leave in I really need to use up 1st but I really love the CC's.