Trusted Contributor

Re: COULD CURLY GIRL METHOD BE A MYTH?

All I know is that when I started using Deva Curl my hair practically styles itself. I spend maybe 5 minutes in the morning before be work and it looks great all day. Time saver X 100.
Honored Contributor

Re: COULD CURLY GIRL METHOD BE A MYTH?

@LexaMom wrote:

I have naturally curly hair which I have been fighting all my life (well at least since junior high)..  and I decided to learn to love it (along with my greys).   I found CGM, was one of the fools who started watching a gazillion Youtube videos and was pulled into buying whatever the person I watched was using. 

Didn't take long for me to gather a lot of different products.  Then I heard about the Curl Ninja  who convinced me that simpler was better,  that many of the YouTubers benefitted from people trying their products and the most important thing was a non-sulfate shampoo.   No need for cold showers.   I returned (it was still early) many of the items I had bought on Amazon.   Now I use a few DevaCurl products and I'm very happy with them.  I think it is a good system but I think people get too product-crazy.

I think you point out a problem with any recommended regime, @LexaMom 

I didn't watch videos but just looked at some of the main recommendations -- non-sulfate shampoo and no silicones, and quite a few more that I thought were worth trying. I had been trying to make my hair straight all my life, so this was quite a revolution for me. I love it.

As for specific products, I experimented a little on my own before finding the those that work for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland