Respected Contributor

Thanks @SilleeMee  I'm researching it.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 

Are you thinking about doing them yourself?

Respected Contributor

Re: COOL PEEL C02 LASER

[ Edited ]

I don't think I'm capable right now @SilleeMee.  If I was not investing into this cool peel I might.  I'm just so sensitive and you are the expert so it's not a problem for you especially with the retinol's your skin is accustomed to. My skin is taking a beating and so I don't think it's a good time even though I have heard him say I can do both.  Huh? hahaha. Not!

Look's interesting and have read and heard about it here for year's. I'm sure you have beautiful skin with your routine.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink123  @SilleeMee  I had Infini with radio frequency at my derm's office.  They use the Infini for their regular microneedling too. I don't think it's available for home use at this time, just medical grade.  I researched it last summer, but haven't updated my research this year. 

I had 3 treatments one month apart and will schedule some more this summer.  They can really ramp this up (if you tolerate it).  They just use numbing cream and a oral hydrocodone pill before treatment.  

It took several days for the redness to resolve and I had a bit of bruising.  But, I received a very strong treatment (according to them) because I tolerate it well.  I think it might be difficult to do this at home even without the radio frequency because it was pretty painful.   I hope a home version of the Infini is developed.

SkinPen is used by this office for regular microneedling.  I don't think that is available for home use yet either.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

When I do my needling treatments at home, it's mighty painful and I don't use a numbing cream either. The reason is b/c numbing creams contain lidocaine which is a vasoconstrictor, it decreases the amount of blood flow to the skin and that's not a good thing when you're dealing with collagen induction. The deepest I go is .075mm on my face with some areas using .05mm. Oh yes, there is pinpoint bleeding but that is to be expected with thorough needling.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

@Pink123  @SilleeMee  I had Infini with radio frequency at my derm's office.  They use the Infini for their regular microneedling too. I don't think it's available for home use at this time, just medical grade.  I researched it last summer, but haven't updated my research this year. 

I had 3 treatments one month apart and will schedule some more this summer.  They can really ramp this up (if you tolerate it).  They just use numbing cream and a oral hydrocodone pill before treatment.  

It took several days for the redness to resolve and I had a bit of bruising.  But, I received a very strong treatment (according to them) because I tolerate it well.  I think it might be difficult to do this at home even without the radio frequency because it was pretty painful.   I hope a home version of the Infini is developed.

SkinPen is used by this office for regular microneedling.  I don't think that is available for home use yet either.

@Jk9  If you please share with us what you think about the reults of the Infini with radio frequency, what difference did it make.  TIA!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Laser treatments and microneedling can be done on alternative times, never together but at least two or more weeks apart (ideally 4-6 weeks apart, age plays a factor). The reason is b/c the new collagen/elastin should be left alone in order for it to form and become stable w/o interruption. In other words, new collagen can be destroyed if treatments such as laser or needling are done too soon. Also UV from sunlight can do that same thing and destroy new collagen which is somewhat fragile in it's infant stages. Older collagen is more stable and can withstand aggressive treatments.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  I see firming and tightening of my skin with reduction in discoloration.  My face is plumper and skin is smoother.  I don't have a lot of fine lines and wrinkles on my skin like my sisters do.  Now I do other treatments as well (NIRA, Red Light Therapy Mask), so I can't tell exactly what does what.   

I also received the treatments with the hope of reduction of my facial and head hyperhidrosis, but that hasn't been very effective. It has helped a litttle but not like Botox does.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your response @Jk9.  That treatment might be good for my sag, blotchiness issues.  I know I'll need something, need to get to the derm.  Just too much going on right now.

My hyperhidrosis stopped on its own.  A blessing!

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe I understand.  I get overwhelmed sometimes and just take a step back and say "time to recoup" and go from there.  

Congrats on your hyperhidrosis stopping!  I would do cart wheels (and I haven't tried to do them in years).  I upped my meds today because it's so humid here in upper SC.  Only 78 degrees, but soooo humid.